Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Benelli/ Rockcastle Shotgun Championship

Your shotgun will probably be too long for standard Dillen. I had to run an 11 round tube or get one of those super thin Benelli butt pads to make the length requirement which of course I didn't have.

Sing me up for Outlaw. My only request is to pay no attention to the IPSC requirement that most stages should SUCK, I mean most stages are short courses. The Pan American match about 8 rounded me to death!

Length restrictions are only for open and modified divisions in IPSC. (looks like no modified at this match so only affects open)

Standard and Manual, run one as long as you want.

Although the mulligan helped me out last year, glad its gone.

Sounds like this should be a good match

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your shotgun will probably be too long for standard Dillen. I had to run an 11 round tube or get one of those super thin Benelli butt pads to make the length requirement which of course I didn't have.

Sing me up for Outlaw. My only request is to pay no attention to the IPSC requirement that most stages should SUCK, I mean most stages are short courses. The Pan American match about 8 rounded me to death!

Length restrictions are only for open and modified divisions in IPSC. (looks like no modified at this match so only affects open)

Standard and Manual, run one as long as you want.

Although the mulligan helped me out last year, glad its gone.

Sounds like this should be a good match

That's weird! open isn't as open as standard

Who is on the USA World Shoot Teams?

Future division winners at the IPSC World Shoot. :)

No one seems to know, including me. I have asked several and I just asked Strader to get me the list.

No one seems to know, including me. I have asked several and I just asked Strader to get me the list.

Of the people that shot on the Pan Am teams last go round that have first shot at a slot on the teams i only know Outzen, Houck, Miculeks, Di have said they are going. I bet the slots are up for negotiation.

Like.....Senior....Super Senior???????

I should put a smiley face in here somewhere......

Edited by 7.62mm

The stages will require one of the 3 following start conditions:

8.1.1.1 Loaded (Option 1): magazine filled and fitted (if applicable), chamber(s) loaded, hammer and/or
sear cocked and safety catch applied (if the shotgun is designed to have one).
8.1.1.2 Loaded (Option 2): magazine filled and fitted (if applicable), chamber(s) empty and the action
closed.
8.1.1.3 Unloaded (Option 3): fixed magazine must be empty, detachable magazines removed and
chamber(s) must be empty. The action/bolt may be open or closed.

Rockcastle is working on the application.

I have not heard back from Strader regarding the US team, so if you know someone who IS GOING to WS and wants to shoot the Benelli match, please have them contact me by the end of the weekend.

Rockcastle is working on the application.

I have not heard back from Strader regarding the US team, so if you know someone who IS GOING to WS and wants to shoot the Benelli match, please have them contact me by the end of the weekend.

Do you have a approx date for sign ups?

No mulligans sounds great, but IPSC-compliant stages also imply no mixed-ammo stages and no spinners. That kinda sucks...

The only hope is that 50 rounder stage will have it all, but then results of that stage will largely affect your overall standings (i.e. some disbalance).

Are you guys also planning to use IPSC HF scoring or it will be timeplus or timeplus with points like? The latter is practically the same as HF.

Can you tell me the rule(s) that implies no mixed ammo stages? All I see in the 2015 rules is that the ammo loaded at the start can not be mixed.

It will be Comstock scoring as that is the only method in the 2015 ruleset, unless I missed something.

The 50+ round stage will not be IPSC compliant. :roflol:

Can you tell me the rule(s) that implies no mixed ammo stages? All I see in the 2015 rules is that the ammo loaded at the start can not be mixed.

2.1.12 Permitted Ammunition – Courses of fire must nominate a single permitted type of ammunition, i.e. birdshot, buckshot or slugs.

It will be Comstock scoring as that is the only method in the 2015 ruleset, unless I missed something.

The 50+ round stage will not be IPSC compliant. :roflol:

So, that's is Hit Factor scoring.

sarpau, your "miss fast enough" strategy may work. :D

Okay, if I sign up for this I realize I will have to read the IPSC shotgun rules, but, in general, for Standard (that would be the non-Open semi-auto division, right?) what sort of restrictions would I be looking at compared to USPSA shotgun or typical Tactical 3-Gun shotgun? I get that all ammo has to be at the belt, but what other gotchas do I have to worry about? Do our usual 3-Gun loading ports and extended lifters pass muster? Do all the usual deuce and quad caddies make the 50mm restriction?

Lastly, I assume that for the 50-round mega-stage, we can add a chest rig even if we are shooting an IPSC division, right?

The only restriction for Standard and SM is 9 rounds in the gun at the start signal.

For Open - 10 rounds in any boxed magazine used at all times, or max 14 rounds in a tube magazine at the start (can load more after).

All ammo holders for all divisions must comply with 50mm from the body rule.

Edited by euxx

The loading ports and lifers are good. Shells on the gun have to be individually held, and yes, all ammo from the belt.

As far as "all the usual deuce and quad caddies..." most do not pass IPSC rules, sorry. That is why there is an "Outlaw" division.

We will do equipment check, and affix a tamper proof seal, at check in. If you pass, great. If not you will be allowed to move to Outlaw.

For the 50+ round stage, the only thing you will be allowed to change is the addition of chest rigs in the standard divisions.

It is not 50mm, it is 75mm. Here is the rule:

5.2.5 When carried in loops, clips or caddies no part of any cartridge is permitted to extend further than 75mm from a competitor's body. Cartridges carried on the gun are exempt and loose cartridges carried in a pouch or bag are usually exempt from this rule. The Range Master’s decision will be final in this matter. Open Division competitors are exempt from this rule.
5.2.5.1 The measurement is to be taken while the competitor is standing naturally upright.