Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Own Yard Sales

ErikW

I didn't think it was possible to have a "yard sale" snowboarding, but I managed it. Knocked the wind out of me, bruised some ribs, and stripped the bite valve and cover off my Camelbak. Which of course I didn't notice until later with water running all over me. Got lucky and picked up the pieces on the next run down.

(Is there a worse feeling than getting the wind knocked out of you?)

You know it's bad when people come up to you and ask if you know where you are and whether you need the ski patrol.

Of course the crash was caused by me thinking earlier, "Gee I sure haven't needed them since I started wearing knee/shin protectors and a helmet."

Nov 26 2004, 03:02 PM Bonedaddy posted in "That Popcorn Sound":

Dudes, I give him about 2 weeks before he stacks it up and comes limping back to the thread again. 

Ban-zai! 

One week to the day! :lol::lol:

Which of course I didn't notice until later with water running all over me.

Yes, after taking a solid hit, it's always a geat relief to realize that it's only my Camelback that's leaking. ;)

Well there's, getting popped in the back of the head so hard on a hardpack heelside wipeout that you answer 'no' to the first person that comes by and asks "are you OK?"

Been there, done that, got a helmet. Best investment, ever

Powder is where a board belongs anyway.

The key factor in a 'yard sale' is your equipment strewn up and down the mountain.

You losers don't have a clue of what a true yard sale is. Try falling 500-750 feet and smashing into a fumarole at full speed. (A fumarole is a rock crevasse that spews out hot sulfur gas.) I tried to self-arrest, but I was already going so fast my ice axe and leash were ripped out so hard that the leash cut my arm through my shell. A climbing partner that went down first hit so hard that the lower 6" of her tib-fib were basically vaporized.

Until then, you're a bunch of amateurs.

Oh Erik,

That brings back some memories. My funniest yard sale was with a Wake board behind my brothers ski boat. Wait 'til you climb back in the boat and then realize that pair of shorts floating in the Delta are your shorts! :o

I won't tell you about my motorcycle yard sales! Ouch! :(

Nolan

Tough one to follow, Eric! Whew.

I had a good one a few years ago during a mountian bike race in the backwoods of northern Ohio. Hit an erosion barrier at the top of a downhill section, locked up my front brake, and went ass-over-teakettle off the trail, did a couple sommersaults down the hill, then got knocked silly when my none-to-lightweight mountain bike landed on me. Jesuscristo, that hurt - I found out the day after the race that I had cracked my shoulder blade where the bike hit me.

I mostly ride a road bike now...

- Chris

And there's no better feeling than getting that first 5% breath after sitting there gasping like a landed fish for what seems like an eternity. But at least playing hockey, there's usually the sight of the other guy rolling around moaning to make you feel better. :D

Well at least I think this yard sale popped my neck back into place.

Lynn, now that you know what a yard sale is, take a guess on the verb "Pete Rose." :)

sounds ilke plowing the dirt with your nose.

yea i got the new pete rose tiller, today. :D

Aiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee-aaahhhh!

OK, the second worst feeling in the world is after massaging your aching thighs with heat muscle rub, having it transfer onto your junk. Really, they should put a warning label on that shjt. <crying>