Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Barrel swap on a tactical sport?

nsginc

Gigglemonkey - with the TS converted to 9mm, are you running that in Limited Minor?

I can run it in limited minor or major. The barrel will take major loads just fine. It is the same one used in the czechmate. I made it into an open gun now, like my avatar and have shot major loads out of it without problem.

I can run it in limited minor or major. The barrel will take major loads just fine. It is the same one used in the czechmate. I made it into an open gun now, like my avatar and have shot major loads out of it without problem.

The threaded Czechmate barrel? When you originally ran it in Limited, did you just have a thread protector on it. Or something else like the sight tracker front part for the czechmate when you run with the sights instead of the comp?

Whoa, I had no idea! So it would be more of a value to get the .40 cal version of the TS over the 9mm since it has the potential to run both calibers? If that's the case, in totally reconsidering my future purchases. Does it run 9mm as accurately and as reliably as the factory 9mm version?

The threaded Czechmate barrel? When you originally ran it in Limited, did you just have a thread protector on it. Or something else like the sight tracker front part for the czechmate when you run with the sights instead of the comp?

The czechmate has the barrel threaded and the end of slide chopped and threaded and fit to go on. Thats how it was converted from the TS from what I have talked to CZ about.

Whoa, I had no idea! So it would be more of a value to get the .40 cal version of the TS over the 9mm since it has the potential to run both calibers? If that's the case, in totally reconsidering my future purchases. Does it run 9mm as accurately and as reliably as the factory 9mm version?

Exactly. Plus I got my ts in 40 for about 1k so With the barrel it was the same price as buying a 9mm one that is hard to find.

The czechmate has the barrel threaded and the end of slide chopped and threaded and fit to go on. Thats how it was converted from the TS from what I have talked to CZ about.

That's pretty cool info - thx!

• 2 weeks later...

I would also be interested if the conversion is truly as reliable as the 9 mm pistol. Are the extractors the same in both the .40 and 9 mm? If the slide ports are different will it eject the same without sometimes stove piping?