Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who has the fastests turn around time of a custom 2011?

stonedudley

A custom gun takes what, about 10 hours to actually build if everything is on hand? Takes a month or so to get parts chromed etc. The waits are dictated by just how many guns are in a builders pipeline I guess.

"fastest" + "custom" = oxymoron

The industry has been duped into believing one year wait times are necessary. LOL.

With this whole thread in mind, what the hell is up with SVI? If I had over a one year back log of builds, I would hire more people. I have no idea where I'll be living in a year, hence, SVI is immediately crossed off the list even though I've always loved them.

i LOVE svi products.........prefer there parts usually over most. i wish to goodness their ta wasnt 1+ year. i have one ive wanted them to build forever,just cant bear the thought of waiting a year to get it.i still use svi parts in almost all of the guns i build,but when i want a gun thatll group 1.5" or better at 50 for a long time,thats who id prefer to use. another top name that is a little faster and some might consider is chambers customs. joe chambers is a magician with a 1911.

Jim Anglin Sailors Custom turn around is very reasonable, including getting it sent to have finished has been under 3months. He has built 3 for me and my dad(2limited and 1open) I have my 3rd limited gun build there now getting done.

Great guns that run, accurate and reliable and very reasonable labor pricing.

The way I look at it is you buy the gun you really want, meaning you send a deposit to the smith of choice regardless of wait time and forget about it till you get a call saying it's ready. It took14 months to get my Brazos but was well worth it, for my next pistol I'm going to order a Cheely.

• 2 months later...

for my next pistol I'm going to order a Cheely.

Excellent move! Matt knows how to build great guns.

Before Matt got so popular he built me a Caspian Limited gun over a weekend, dropped the parts of friday night, picked the gun up sunday afternoon. It was really nice gun, wish I hadnt sold it.