Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who has the fastests turn around time of a custom 2011?

stonedudley

From what I've read, GANS guns, but you I think you have to send him the parts. I think he's around a 2-3 week turn around.

Yup. Depends on his backlog but he completed my pistols in about a week, each.

From what I've read, GANS guns, but you I think you have to send him the parts. I think he's around a 2-3 week turn around.

GANS has stopped building full pistols with your parts. Hated to hear that..

Edited by a matt

Yes, Gary at Gans Guns WAS the fastest. 7day turnaround on a complete build. Stupid fast build times. Never hiccuped as long as case gauged my reloads.

He no longer does complete builds but does slide work.

"fastest" + "custom" = oxymoron

The industry has been duped into believing one year wait times are necessary. LOL.

Yep, duped is what I think too. But, Gans built mine, a fully custom open gun. I hated to hear he retired, again.

Yeah, I know a few folks with his guns. Quality gear.

I am very happy with my local smith. He can typically turn out something between 4-8 weeks tops, but he keeps you informed the whole way. No surprises. And most importantly, the gun runs and runs.

The industry has been duped into believing one year wait times are necessary. LOL.

Yep, duped is what I think too. But, Gans built mine, a fully custom open gun. I hated to hear he retired, again.

I am very happy with my local smith. He can typically turn out something between 4-8 weeks tops, but he keeps you informed the whole way. No surprises. And most importantly, the gun runs and runs.

+1 on your local smith. It's so awesome that he'll take your gun after a Saturday match, do whatever you need (fit, adjust, install, cut...) and bring it back the following Saturday ready for the next match.

Lester

Jimmy V FTW

With this whole thread in mind, what the hell is up with SVI? If I had over a one year back log of builds, I would hire more people. I have no idea where I'll be living in a year, hence, SVI is immediately crossed off the list even though I've always loved them.

I haven't emailed him, but Gary (GANS) did recently change his website back to include prices for complete guns, so maybe he is back in the game. I truely hope so, I would love for him to build me a limited gun to match the open gun he built. It is functioning proof of a fast custom gun (10 days once I supplied all parts)