Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rocky Mtn 3gun lodging?

JPeel

Looking to make a weeks worth of reservations in Raton, NM.

I'm going to try and book a cabin at the NRAWC for that week but want a hotel booked just in case that doesn't work out.

Are the any hotels to AVOID?

Looking to make a weeks worth of reservations in Raton, NM.

I'm going to try and book a cabin at the NRAWC for that week but want a hotel booked just in case that doesn't work out.

Are the any hotels to AVOID?

Have stayed at the cabins before, they r very rustic and basic. Competitor housing would be a step up ie common kitchen tv. In town have stayed at Holiday inn express and had good luck. If seeing the critters is importent to u stay at the range..

The Microtel is pretty popular with the shooters. It may be full by now too. On the RM3G site, there is a listing of hotels. Good luck on the founder cabins.

If someone in your group has an RV, or camper, the campgrounds are another thought.

Edited by Dan Sierpina

We stayed at the Best Western plus for the He-Man. It has an indoor pool (my wife and daughter were traveling with me, the pool was a big hit). There is a restaurant in the Hotel, the food and service were good, they also served a real breakfast as part of the room package. Room was clean and comfortable. If I get to go back, I will stay there again.

Hurley