Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 issues.

Imr 4198.

I loaded over 5000 rounds of .223 with 24.5grs of Varget without a hicup using this set-up. You probably have a RCBS or Hornady powder measure.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/107754379149384581743/albums/5359435836017016961/5359435847628322626?pid=5359435847628322626&oid=107754379149384581743

Hope this helps.

Uh...dillon powder measure. Why would anyone have anything else on a 1050

Edited by willfully armed

Imr 4198.

I loaded over 5000 rounds of .223 with 24.5grs of Varget without a hicup using this set-up. You probably have a RCBS or Hornady powder measure.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/107754379149384581743/albums/5359435836017016961/5359435847628322626?pid=5359435847628322626&oid=107754379149384581743

Hope this helps.

Cause it works just as good or better.

The powder measure refused to drop consistently. On that phone call, they suggested I attach a fish tank air pump to shake the powder out of the charge bar and down the funnel, or tap the charge bar every cycle.

Between the suggestions of aquarium accessories, and it taking 3-6 days between response from customer service... I'm absolutely exhausted.

Imr 4198.

I had a magic bullet(sex toy) attached to the powder charge bar, it made a huge difference.

I dont think its possible to slow down much more than the geriatric pace Ive been running at.

At least I'm only the 21st person in the Dillon customer service queue....

Cause it works just as good or better.

Willfully Armed,

Just trying to help you dump your 100lbs of stick powder in a relatively easy, accurate and efficient manor.

My set-up worked well with Varget stick powder and I thought it may help you also and I didn't have to call Dillon or use vibratory accessories>>>>

Wes

About the play you have in the handle. On a new 1050 I have about .060" of vertical play in the main shaft on the right side. This means with the handle vertical there is about a 1/4" of play left to right (handle lifts that shaft play up and down). There is no way to tighten this up and makes the whole press movement very sloppy. I looked at this further and find the needle bearing on the right side is so loose in the casting that the bearing moves up and down and the whole bearing SPINS in the casting with each pull of the handle. WTF? I have looked at two friends' machines and find the same thing. What kind of quality control is this? Dillon tells me this is normal.

Willfully and I have this sloppy main shaft . Who else has this problem and what press running issues is it making for you. ???

Edited by bwit

If you are dinging case mouths then you need to tighten the shellplate Nut down a little more to slow down the "snap" of the shellplate, and possibly slow down your stroke so it is "smoother". When I was processing brass with an automated 1050 this is what I found to be the culprit. Yes, the newer Supers are not at tight as the older machines either......

DougC

About the play you have in the handle. On a new 1050 I have about .060" of vertical play in the main shaft on the right side. This means with the handle vertical there is about a 1/4" of play left to right (handle lifts that shaft play up and down). There is no way to tighten this up and makes the whole press movement very sloppy. I looked at this further and find the needle bearing on the right side is so loose in the casting that the bearing moves up and down and the whole bearing SPINS in the casting with each pull of the handle. WTF? I have looked at two friends' machines and find the same thing. What kind of quality control is this? Dillon tells me this is normal.

Willfully and I have this sloppy main shaft . Who else has this problem and what press running issues is it making for you. ???

Almost everything can be made better or there would be no aftermarket for any item. If you have a bunch of movement you might check the button head, socket head screw on the left side of the press (under the bullet bin). If that backs off you can get a bunch of movement as that holds the two piece shaft together.

Almost everything can be made better or there would be no aftermarket for any item. If you have a bunch of movement you might check the button head, socket head screw on the left side of the press (under the bullet bin). If that backs off you can get a bunch of movement as that holds the two piece shaft together.

you have a part number for the screw under the bullet bin?

Regards the swage backup rod dinging cases. I had the same issue. What I found was that some spilled powder and other goo had gummed up the ball detent under the shell plate. The ball was not seating in the shell plate setting the alignment.

Clean your balls and you may find your rod works better.