Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

best place to get a slide milled for RMR

steviesterno

Hey all,

not sure if this should go here or gunsmithing, but I'm looking to find the best place to get a glock slide milled for an RMR. looking for decent work, quick enough turn around, and not a crazy price.

Don't think I want a new slide, since this is already a tuned up 17, just looking to shoot some tactical matches on the cheap. and I don't think I want any rear site, since if this optic goes down I'm pretty much already in trouble.

looking for suggestions or help! thanks so much

Are there any vids of people using a CORE or Glock Open gun vs. a " traditional" open 1911 action ipsc gun???

Sounds to me like people are still trying to get into an open gun ...forgive me ..." on the cheap"... just say'n.

Are there any vids of people using a CORE or Glock Open gun vs. a " traditional" open 1911 action ipsc gun???

Sounds to me like people are still trying to get into an open gun ...forgive me ..." on the cheap"... just say'n.

If people choose to use a GLOCK for open it does not mean they are cheap. Go ask KC if he is cheap since he chooses GLOCK

I built mine on the M&P platform so I could use the same pistol in uspsa (open), steel, and idpa (nonscore). Also I am in a mag restricted state, so it made cents to run with something that I can get stock mags for without having to destroy them to keep them legal.

Edited by fdc1999

OK, I'm sorry I chose my words poorly :blush:

Not Cheap as in $...but I understand the mag issue re: capacity restrictions....I'm up in Canada.

Considering that I've never seen an open gun ( in IPSC) that wasn't a 1911...and under 3K

A RMR sight on this side of the border is going for 1K.....so would it be worth having a sight on the gun that was worth more than the pistol....??? :mellow:

And again...any vids to show any kind of advantage over a " standard open gun"..... :surprise:

Now, I can think of a few advantages ..reliability for one ( not as fussy with ammo), yes, the base cost of both the gun and the mags, the momentum of swinging a " shorter" gun through the ark of a bank of targets (having a ported barrel will help).

So, I'm not down on the concept....I just want to see what the results are.

If this new concept for an open gun is giving good results...hey I may go and get one done :devil:

I use the same C More slide ride as any other open gun on an S_I frame. Some opt for a milled RMR for sight transition from open to irons. The polymer guns have comps and ported barrels if needed and can make major just like the other platforms. Here in the states a polymer based open gun built by the pros can run bout the price of a stock STI Edge. It's not just entry level open anymore. Pull up videos of KC Esubio shooting at GA State, OH State, Steel Challenge. They work and some like the polymer guns better than the others

Yeah I decided to go this route to have a fun cheaper open gun that I could shoot in 3 gun and local matches. I ended up trading that glock for an M&P with apex parts, lightened slides, and some 140s. In playing with the site on the slide (not milled yet) it seems really easy to pick up the dot and shouldn't be that much different than irons. Plus I can use a retention holster for 3 gun and not lose it, plus I can throw this into a bucket without feeling bad.

Are RMRs really $1k in Canada? I'm in the wrong business