Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Paying for a right

gose

$77 every two years for something that should be considered a basic right. :/

And that's without counting cost of ammo needed for the range quals.

Unfortunately $100 every two years isnt enough reason to move...

$77 every two years for something that should be considered a basic right. :/

And that's without counting cost of ammo needed for the range quals.

Unfortunately $100 every two years isnt enough reason to move...

when all you can carry is a BB gun, you will.

Carry license ???

I would love to have the opportunity to pay $200 a year for a carry permit. In California, only personal friends of Dianne Feinstein and movie stars can get carry permits.

You just need to move to a different county. Mine is less than $100 for two years.

this will get political quick if we are not careful.

do not mistake this post. I agree with the hate.

there are 'rights' that are not given in the US constitution.

eating is one such example.
Food is generally sold with a sales tax in this country.

to be clear, you may have a right to bear hotdogs,
but you will be taxed on them.

the problem is that no one should be keeping track of your
personal collection of hotdogs.

as far a 'right' in a constitution goes,
you should read the constitution of former Soviet Union.

the accepted ...ah.. interpretation of the document is
the 'government'

failure to follow written law is one of the many paths to corruption.
which is one of the many problems we face...

miranda

Carry license ???

I would love to have the opportunity to pay $200 a year for a carry permit. In California, only personal friends of Dianne Feinstein and movie stars can get carry permits.

Im in California and I'm not really a friend of Feinstein, nor am I a movie star. There are plenty of counties in California where it's not too hard to get a permit. On paper, my county looks near impossible, as there are only 250 or so permits and a population of 900000+. Though, most people think its impossible, so the SD gets nearly no applications at all.

Anyway, I still hate the mandatory class and range quals with all the guns I want on my permit, especially since its every two years.

Edited by gose

Carry license ???

Im in California and I'm not really a friend of Feinstein, nor am I a movie star. There are plenty of counties in California where it's not too hard to get a permit. On paper, my county looks near impossible, as there are only 250 or so permits and a population of 900000+. Though, most people think its impossible, so the SD gets nearly no applications at all.

OK. I just wish it wasn't also illegal to record phone calls so I could play the one where I called the PD where I live and asked the Chief's assistant about getting a carry permit.....

Let's just say the last time one was issued, gas was about 39 cents a gallon. At least I gave them a good laugh when I asked how I could get a permit.

Edited by bountyhunter

Gee, in Texas as long as one party permits it, you can record all the conversations you wish. Texas also just made it easier and less trouble to get a CHL (concealed handgun license). Not that it was very difficult in the first place, being a "shall issue" State.

Course it is hot here in the summer and pretty cold in the winter (at times), but, it's difficult to have everything !! :roflol: