Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to USPSA

FF423

I'm relatively new to USPSA and I had a question.

What affect shooting minor in Limited has on my score?

Can I get away we shooting minor until I get a 40 Cal limited gun?

Will shooting minor affect my classification in USPSA?

Thank you for your time

Shooting minor means you get less points for non-Alpha hits. It breaks down as follows

Alpha - Major 5, Minor 5

Bravo - Major 4, Minor 3

Charlie - Major 4, Minor 3

Delta - Major 2, Minor 1

So if you can shoot all Alpha's shooting minor won't have any impact.

You can certainly get away with shooting minor to start.

Shooting minor could impact your classification initially assuming you don't shoot all Alpha's you'll score less points so your hit factor for the classifier will be lower. There's nothing wrong with starting out classified as a D shooter and working your way to the top.

I think you'll find your time will effect your ability to compete more than your minor point deductions. Unless your competing to win matches it's about having fun, improving and being safe.

That's a great way to look at it ... I've competed in IDPA the past year and half but now the focus is on uspsa and was worried about starting at a lower classification then I believe I should be at

But it won't matter more then shooting the beat stage possible everything will work it's self out in the end

Thanks for the input

Limited minor is good to go amigo!

Use the minor scoring as motivation to shoot alphas as fast as you can.

countless experienced competitors here will tell you that flirting with speed at the expense of accuracy is tempting but won't deliver match performance.

Have fun and good shooting!

Shoot A's enough and it won't matter. if you are familiar with the other sport claasifications, i have found after watching people that shoot both, myself included, this usually how the end up

Master/ A, low Master

Expert/ B high C

SS/ C

MM/D

That's about spot on from what I've seen I'll spend my money on ammo right now not that new pistol thanks for the input