Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

over travel stop: good or bad?

Sandbagger123

I love mine. If you screw it in just a little too far, the trigger will start to feel a little mushy, like the flexing of parts is setting off the trigger rather than a clean pull. Just get it and adjust to where you like it!

The Vanek unit uses a larger machined screw with a flat end which interfaces better with the trigger bar resulting in less mush at the end of the trigger stroke.

The Vanek unit is worlds beyond the LW in quality because of that one simple little modification.

I still like the idea of a plastic washer in the stock unit. I mean it covers the entire surface area, less friction. Less adjustability, but once you get it where you want it no need to change. I have mine at the perfect point where almost all of the overtravel is taken out and 100 percent reliability. Thousands of rounds and the washer hasn't moved. Idk i prefer to save my were possible. Your basically paying 25 bucks for a screw. That's an expensive screw.

G17, could you provide some pics of where the washer is located that you use to get rid of some pre and over travel. I still can't picture it in my mind. I have the Vanek classic grand master in my 34 gen4, I have adjusted the pre travel as far as I can but there is still about 1/4 or so of pretravel. I am happy with the overtravel.

G17, could you provide some pics of where the washer is located that you use to get rid of some pre and over travel. I still can't picture it in my mind. I have the Vanek classic grand master in my 34 gen4, I have adjusted the pre travel as far as I can but there is still about 1/4 or so of pretravel. I am happy with the overtravel.

http://www.uckfup.dk/content/view/13/14/

Go to #15, it should be similar to removing take up, but at the other end.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

http://www.uckfup.dk/content/view/13/14/

Go to #15, it should be similar to removing take up, but at the other end.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hah, thanks. I would have posted the same link.

I dont know about you but my tools are somewhat limited so its easier finding a washer that is as close as possible to the height of that area you want to fit it in. Ultimately it has to be pretty small and its hard to cut it so i spent a lot of time filing. Just worry about fitting it in there first then spend the time to file it back. Just take tiny bits off at a time. It's time consuming but you'll finally put the gun back together and you'll be like Eureka that's perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

The Vanek unit uses a larger machined screw with a flat end which interfaces better with the trigger bar resulting in less mush at the end of the trigger stroke.

The Vanek unit is worlds beyond the LW in quality because of that one simple little modification.

+ 1 on the Vanek