Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock strikers

Puma

I would like to know what you think of the 100% titanium strikers versus the stainless steel skeletonized strikers as far as weight, performance etc. I presently have the Glockworx S/S skeletonized striker and am very happy with it, I am just wondering if my G 35 trigger action would benefit from changing to a titanium striker. Any and all opinions are appreciated.

The only reason i didn't try lightning strikes titanium striker was because they don't use an extended tip. The whole point behind me getting one was to reduce light strikes. Idk maybe the fact that the titanium one being lighter and able to move faster eliminates the need for an extended tip. I'm sure it doesn't last as long but i really would like to try one someday just to see how it feels. The Jager and Zev striker really aren't that much lighter then the stock striker but the titanium one is significantly lighter. If you already have a Zev striker i wouldn't drop another 100 bucks on a titanium one though. I'v read a bunch of reviews on it and just didn't see what i was looking for.

Other then the obvious facts of titanium being more brittle and it wearing out quicker then SS parts (which they recommend replacing after 10k rounds, btw) can anyone attest to if they felt any reduction in lock time or if it changed the trigger pull for the better?

"The 1 millisecond difference in lock time basically means that if you actuate guns with the original and lightweight strikers simultaneously, the bullet is already out of the muzzle with the lightweight striker while the original striker is just coming in contact with the primer."

I'm just curious to see if anyone was actually happy with the way it felt in the gun before it broke or chipped or whatever.

• 4 weeks later...