Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ice arms barrel?

Dewberry

I'm in the process of building my 3 gun upper. I'm in need of a barrel.

I was going to run a nordic or a black hole weaponry, but can't find them in stock and I found a killer deal on an ice arms 18" mid weight barrel.

Does anyone have any experience with them?

Is it worth just spending the money and just waiting to get a nordic or black hole?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm curious about these as well. No doubt the Nordic barrel is nice, but the Ice Arms mid-weight 18" 1-8 twist barrel with rifle length gas comes in at 4oz lighter and at a very attractive price. Right now with a Christmas discount they are like $180. They also have a 16" 1-8 twist, mid length with poly rifling that comes in at 1.8 lbs that looks interesting for $166.

Anyone have real world first hand experience with them? Have they stepped forward to help support any matches?

Venture over to ARFCOM and see what a shitstorm IceArms has turned into. Lots of unhappy customers, lies, poor CS and problems with their products.

I wouldn't try my luck....LOTS of proven names out there and they also support our sport. Buy from them instead

I picked up a NiB bolt carrier from them at a killer price a few months ago. It is working just fine, but it took about a month for them to ship it out to me. That is one of the gripes about them in the ARFCOM thread diversmith referred to.

• 1 month later...