Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

this morning

ogiebb

i was on my way to drop the kids to their babysitter so i could go shoot a local steel match down south . but i decided to pass by a Burger joint to pick up some breakfast for them first..while waiting to pay in window 1 some punk a$$ kids were hitting my spare tire mounted at my back (SUV) with their front bumper .the first one i didnt mind it because i thought they just forgot to brake or something and it was a pretty weak bump anyway nothing really major..but when they did it again i came out of my truck with some words (Bad move <_< i know) and inpected my rear note that their bumper was still touching the tire in the back i told them to back the "F" up..the kids wanted to act tough and said some pu$$y a$$ line to get me all riled up..i just walked back to my truck and proceeded to window 2 to pick up our breakfast and headed out..wusahhh..wusahhh.(ala Mike Larry in Bad Boys2)...i was so lucky i still had control of myself if i was psycho or something those kids would be victims of a really pissed of guy with an open gun ,a glock 35 and a Kahr pistol.(glock and kahr were always on my side)..i guess it was just a test of our Dear Lord for me and my temper.. im still a little ticked off of what happened because i was not really used to this.. Growing up in Manila and Los Angeles i still have that urge twist those damn necks of theirs.. but i guess i was the better Man because i walked out of this even though i could do something even without any firearms...but hey i love my kids and i dont want them to witness something that can be traumatic for them.plus doing a stupid thing might take me away from my Guns and my Family..i think i deserve a pat on the back walking away from this incident. :) ....oy yeah i still hate this morning because i sucked in the steel match <_<<_<<_<

This is one of those things which would be more easily solved in a open carry state. No need to flash anything, its always there to be seen, legally. Of course, you did the right thing.

Vlad

thanks guys im still a bit bitter about what happened its like being kicked in the family jewels and not doing anything about it :D ......nothing a few beers and the smell of Hoppes 9 cant fix (gun cleaning)..walking away from something like that is really hard and i cant believe the self dicipline some guys have from walking away from that stuff like that all the time..me? i aint one of those guys <_< i cant just say that i can take it with a grain of salt.. :P<_<

Here in the greater Northeast part of the US of A, the general rules of engagement before any type of weapon is brandished, is "an immediate and unavoidable grave physical threat to an innocent".

Although I'm sure this was not a pleasant experience and that I would have reacted in a similiar fashion, these obnoxious pains in the neck are not why we carry a weapon, concealed or otherwise.

Just my opinion.

thanks guys im still a bit bitter about what happened its like being kicked in the family jewels and not doing anything about it :D ......nothing a few beers and the smell of Hoppes 9 cant fix (gun cleaning)..walking away from something like that is really hard and i cant believe the self dicipline some guys have from walking away from that stuff like that all the time..me? i aint one of those guys <_< i cant just say that i can take it with a grain of salt.. :P<_<

Cool Lang pare!!!I am glad you controlled your temper. I ahd a similar incident while passing through a rough part of town in West memphis. Somebody bump me behind while stopped waiting for the green light. Since my car was new I didn;t even think that it could have been a bumped and Rob. Got out of my car in haste with expletives, Ask the guy in a large gangsta style car to back up to inspect if there was any damage but fortunately there was none. Maybe the USPSA sticker on the back of my was a deterent :lol:

FWIW:

What I tell my staff when clients get in their faces: Keep your cool. It shows you are a professional, it shows that you are smart (getting back in their faces accomplishes nothing) and, whether the offending party realizes it or not, it shows that you are better than they are.

What I tell my staff when clients get in their faces: Keep your cool. It shows you are a professional, it shows that you are smart (getting back in their faces accomplishes nothing) and, whether the offending party realizes it or not, it shows that you are better than they are.

Not to mention the fact that it will only help your position if the situation deteriorates to the point where you end up in a courtroom.....

Whew! Cousin ogiebb ... you let good sense triumph!

When you think about it and it still hurts that you couldn't kick some butt Manila-style, remember that your kids are still healthy and happy and their daddy is not in jail! Plus you showed them a good example by calming down and going on with your day.