Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Nation Regional Series Updates

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not certain what you mean "by standard stages"? Maybe classifier stages? We may have one or two classifier stages in the regional matches. They will include some of the new classifiers which could function as a stage in any three gun match, see below.

Next we (3 Gun Nation) have compiled a very experienced staff to admin, design, and run the 2014 3GN Regional Series. We do intend to engaged some local help to staff RO slots but the admin, range master, CRO , MD and stage design will come from the 3GN staff. The stages will offer "shooter options" and consist of long range rifle (but not a DMM , approximate 200 to 300 yards) , high round count shotgun courses, and one or two dynamic "bay type" courses. We will also employee the "3GN Rifle Platform". 3GN and MGM are designing a rifle barricade that will be used on all long range rifle engagements. This affords a competitor a fare and consistent rifle positions which will make rifle stages about marksmanship.

If you are curious what the 3GN Regional stages might entail check out some of these YouTube links, it will give you a fare taste of the 3GN Regional stage design flavor:

http://youtu.be/jjfNqyiX4SI

http://youtu.be/hlljZLG_ffE

The majority crew that is designing these events puts on one or two 3 gun match per month that usually see 80-100 competitors per event and they generally have a waitlist.

Classifier type for Regionals

3GN-16-13-Classifier-Long-Run-1.jpg

Edited by csole

I should be able to post the equipment divisions on Monday. A few more reviews on the entire rule set. The scoring will be a two hits any where.

AT present here are the equipment rules for each division. We have made some modifications to the Heavy Metal Optic and Heavy Metal Division with the hope that more folks will partake those division. Please not that these rules do not take effect until after January 1, 2014.

3Gun Nation Regional Rules Set

11/25/13

Please note that these rules do not take effect until after January 1, 2014.

7.0 FIREARMS PER DIVISION -The minimum cartridge case dimension for handguns to be used in 3 Gun Nation Regional Matches is 9x19mm, 9mm Luger, 9mm Parabellum, or 9mm NATO or 9mm. The minimum rifle caliber used in 3 Gun Nation Regional Matches is 5.45mm x39mm and the Shotguns must be 20 gauge or larger. Some divisions may have a higher minimum.

7.1 Open Class

7.1.1 Pistol

7.1.1.1 No limitations on accessories.

7.1.1.2 Magazine length may not exceed 171.25 millimeters.

7.1.2 Rifle

7.1.2.1 No limitations on accessories. Rifle supporting devices (i.e. bipods, etc.) maybe added or removed during the course of the event.

7.1.3 Shotgun

7.1.3.1 No limitations on accessories.

7.1.3.2 Barrel length may not be changed for the duration of the event.

7.1.3.3 Shotgun speed loaders are allowed in Open

a. Shotgun speed loaders must be the new type, or modified old style with primer relief cut.

b. Use of old style shotgun speed loaders without the primer relief cut will result in disqualification.

7.2 Tactical Irons

7.2.1 Pistol

7.2.1.1 Firearms must be of a factory configuration.

7.2.1.2 Internal modifications are allowed providing they do not alter the original factory configuration of the handgun.

7.2.1.3 Firearms with custom or factory installed electronic sights, extended sights, compensators or barrel porting are NOT allowed in this division.

7.2.1.4 Magazines used shall not exceed 171.25 mm OAL (overall length) for single stacks, and shall not exceed 141.25 OAL for staggered magazines.

7.2.1.5 Pistol Magazine failing the OAL inspection, after the competitor has completed one or more stages, results in the shooter being bumped to Open Class.

7.2.3 Rifle

7.2.3.1 Firearms must be of a factory configuration.

7.2.3.2 Internal modifications are allowed providing the modifications do not alter the original factory configuration of the rifle.

7.2.3.3 Iron rifles may be equipped with no more than one (1) non-magnified optical sight.

7.2.3.4 Any rifle supporting devices to include but not limited to bipods and mono pods or a device that deploy legs and or supports and elevates the muzzle end of the gun are not permitted. Forward grips that are less than five inches long are acceptable.

7.2.3.5 Compensators are allowed in this division provided the compensator is not larger than 1 inch in diameter and 3 inches long, measured from the barrel muzzle to the end of the compensator.

7.2.4 Shotgun

7.2.4.1 Shotguns must be of a factory configuration.

7.2.4.2 Conventional tubular magazine fed shotguns, only, allowed in this division.

7.2.4.3 Barrel length may not be changed for the duration of the event.

7.2.4.4 Internal modifications are allowed providing the modifications do not alter the original factory configuration of the shotgun.

7.2.4.5 No electronic or optical sights are allowed on shotguns in this division.

7.2.4.6 No shotgun supporting devices (i.e. bipods, etc) are allowed in this division.

7.2.4.7 No compensators or porting on barrels allowed in this division.

7.2.4.8 No shotgun speed loaders are allowed in this division.

7.2.4.9 No shotgun in tactical division may start a stage with more than 9 total in the shotgun.

7.3 Tactical Optics

7.3.1 Pistol

7.3.1.1 Firearms must be of a factory configuration

7.3.1.2 Internal modifications are allowed providing they do not alter the original factory configuration of the handgun.

7.3.1.3 Firearms with custom or factory installed electronic sights, optical sights, extended sights, compensators or barrel porting are NOT allowed in this division.

7.3.1.4 Magazines used shall not exceed 171.25 mm OAL (overall length for single stacks, and shall not exceed 141.25 mm for OAL staggered magazines.

7.3.1.5 Pistol Magazine failing the OAL inspection, after the competitor has completed one or more stages, results in the shooter being bumped to Open Class.

7.3.2.1 Rifle

7.3.2.2 Firearms must be of a factory configuration

7.3.2.3 Internal modifications are allowed providing the modifications do not alter the original configuration of the rifle.

7.3.2.4 Scoped rifles may be equipped with no more than one (1) optical sight.

7.3.2.5 A magnifier may be used with an optical sight in this division without violating the one optic rule, provided:

a. The magnifier does not contain an aiming reticule.

b. The magnifier cannot be used as an aiming device by itself.

c. The magnifier is mounted in the same location on the rifle for the entire event.

If the provisions above are satisfied:

d. The magnifier will not be considered a second/separate optic.

e. The competitor may start and use the magnifier in either the magnified or unmagnified mode without further restriction.

7.3.2.6 Any rifle supporting devices to include but not limited to bipods and mono pods or a device that deploy legs and or supports and elevates the muzzle end of the gun are not permitted. Forward grips that are less than five inches long are acceptable.

7.3.2.7 Compensators are allowed in this division provided the compensator is not larger than 1 inch in diameter and 3 inches long, measured from the barrel muzzle to the end of the compensator.

7.3.2.8 Shotgun

7.3.2.9 Shotguns must be of a factory configuration.

7.3.2.10 Conventional tubular magazine fed shotguns, only, allowed in this division.

7.3.2.11 Barrel length may not be changed for the duration of the event.

7.3.2.12 Internal modifications are allowed providing the modifications do not alter the original factory configuration of the shotgun.

7.3.2.13 No electronic or optical sights are allowed on shotguns in this division.

7.3.2.14 No shotgun supporting devices (i.e. bipods, etc) are allowed in this division.

7.3.2.15 No compensators or porting on barrels allowed in this division.

7.3.2.16 No shotgun speed loaders are allowed in this division.

7.3.2.17 No shotgun in tactical division may start a stage with more than 9 total in the shotgun.

7.4 Heavy Metal

7.4.1 Pistol

7.4.1.1 Firearms must comply with the Tactical handgun rules.

7.4.1.2 .45 ACP Caliber or larger

7.4.1.3 Magazines may be loaded with no more than 10 rounds.

7.4.1.4 Firearms with custom or factory installed electronic sights, optical sights, extended sights, compensators or barrel porting are NOT allowed in this division.

7.4.1.5 Pistol Magazine failing the OAL inspection, after the competitor has completed one or more stages, results in the shooter being bumped to HMO.

7.4.2 Shotgun

7.4.2.1 12 gauge only.

7.4.2.2 Conventional tubular magazine fed PUMP shotguns, only.

7.4.2.3 Shotguns must be of a factory configuration.

7.4.2.4 Barrel length may not be changed for the duration of the event.

7.4.2.5 Internal modifications are allowed providing the modifications do not alter the original configuration of the shotgun.

7.4.2.6 No electronic or optical sights are allowed on shotguns in this division

7.4.2.7 No compensators or porting on barrels allowed in this division.

7.4.2.8 No shotgun speed loaders are allowed in this division

7.4.2.9 No shotgun in this division may start a stage with more than 9 rounds total in the shotgun.

7.4.3Heavy Metal Rifle

7.4.3.1 Firearms must be of a factory configuration.

7.4.3.2 Internal modifications are allowed providing the modifications do not alter the original factory configuration of the rifle.

7.4.3.3 Iron rifles may be equipped with no more than one (1) non-magnified optical sight.

7.4.3.4 Any rifle supporting devices to include but not limited to bipods and mono pods or a device that deploy legs and or supports and elevates the muzzle end of the gun are not permitted. Forward grips that are less than five inches long are acceptable.

7.4.3.5 Compensators are allowed in this division provided the compensator is not larger than 1 inch in diameter and 3 inches long, measured from the barrel muzzle to the end of the compensator.

7.4.3.6 Rifles must be a .308 Winchester (7.62x51 NATO) minimum.

7.4.3.7 Rifle magazines must not be loaded with more than twenty (20) rounds.

7.4.3.8 Competitors found using magazines loaded with more than 20 rounds, after the competitor has completed one or more stages, results in the shooter being bumped to HMO.

SCORING CONCESSION for Heavy Metal: A competitor in this division shall only be required to score ONE hit ANYWHERE on a paper target with the Rifle, Shotgun or Pistol to neutralize the target.

7.5 Heavy Metal Optics

7.5.1 Pistol

7.5.1.1 Firearms must be of a factory configuration

7.5.1.2 Internal modifications are allowed providing they do not alter the original factory configuration of the handgun.

7.5.1.3 Firearms with custom or factory installed electronic sights, optical sights, extended sights, compensators or barrel porting are NOT allowed in this division

7.5.1.4 Magazines shall not exceed 171.25 OAL (overall length) for single stacks, and shall not exceed 141.25 mm OAL for staggered magazines.

7.5.1.5 Minimum caliber (9mm) can be used in this division up to .45 ACP caliber.

7.5.1.6 Pistol Magazine failing the OAL inspection, after the competitor has completed one or more stages, results in the shooter being bumped to Open Class.

7.5.2 Shotgun

7.5.2.1 Shotguns must be of a factory configuration.

7.5.2.2 Conventional tubular magazine fed shotgun allowed in this division.

7.5.2.3 Barrel length may not be changed for the duration of the event.

7.5.2.4 Internal modifications are allowed providing the modifications do not alter the original factory configuration of the shotgun.

7.5.2.5 No electronic or optical sights are allowed on shotguns in this division.

7.2.5.6 No shotgun supporting devices (i.e. bipods, etc.) are allowed in this division.

7.5.5.7 No compensators or porting on barrels allowed in this division.

7.5.5.8 No shotgun speed loaders are allowed in this division

7.5.2.9 No shotgun in this division may start a stage with more than 9 rounds total in the shotgun.

7.5.3 Rifle

7.5.3.1 Firearms must be of a factory configuration

7.5.3.2 Internal modifications are allowed providing the modifications do not alter the original configuration of the rifle.

7.5.3.2 Scoped rifles may be equipped with no more than one (1) optical sight.

7.5.3.3 A magnifier may be used with an optical sight in this division without violating the one optic rule, provided:

c. The magnifier is mounted in the same location on the rifle for the entire event.

e. The competitor may start and use the magnifier in either the magnified or unmagnified mode without further restriction.

7.5.3.4 Any rifle supporting devices to include but not limited to bipods and mono pods or a device that deploy legs and or supports and elevates the muzzle end of the gun are not permitted. Forward grips that are less than five inches long are acceptable.

7.5.3.5 Compensators are allowed in this division provided the compensator is not larger than 1 inch in diameter and 3 inches long, measured from the barrel muzzle to the end of the compensator.

7.5.3.6 Rifles must be .308 Winchester (7.62x51mm NATO) minimum.

7.5.4.0 3 Gun Nation staff shall reserves the right to inspect any firearm(s) for compliance to the above stated rules. Any competitor not willing to submit their firearms for inspection shall result in an event DQ.

Edited by csole

Charles, how is this going to go down as far as registering, payment etc. I apologize if it's been mentioned in another thread and I missed it. Will we register for all of the regional matches we're interested in, and pay immediately, or pay on acceptance into the match(s)? I assumed the 3GN website will be updated between now and Thursday as I don't see any of the regionals yet.

So, Heavy Metal Optics is not limited to 20rds?

I could put my new Taccom 5rd extensions to use at a match, and even moreso if the 25rd LR-PMags make it out.

It also looks like you can shoot 9mm in HM Optics (7.5.1.5)and a pump shotgun is not required (7.5.2. 1-9).

I wonder if the one hit anywhere scoring rule exception for HM applies to HM optics?

Edited by Airedale

Charles, how is this going to go down as far as registering, payment etc. I apologize if it's been mentioned in another thread and I missed it. Will we register for all of the regional matches we're interested in, and pay immediately, or pay on acceptance into the match(s)? I assumed the 3GN website will be updated between now and Thursday as I don't see any of the regionals yet.

So, Heavy Metal Optics is not limited to 20rds?I could put my new Taccom 5rd extensions to use at a match, and even moreso if the 25rd LR-PMags make it out.

It also looks like you can shoot 9mm in HM Optics (7.5.1.5)and a pump shotgun is not required (7.5.2. 1-9).I wonder if the one hit anywhere scoring rule exception for HM applies to HM optics?

No on the one hit for HMO..that rule is only for HM.

You will register for a match or matches, your entry then is promoted into the match or wait listed (based on available slots) you will receive a payment invoice (could be a few days or a week) then the invoice will state payment term and methods, once payment is processed your slot is secure. So having said that we will not be taking payments Thursday but invoicing short there after...once you have your invoice and you pass the do date you will move to a wait list. All matches that you are promoted into must be paid for at one time. All invoice will be paid online....no snail mail paper checks.

You will register for a match or matches
Your entry is then promoted into the match or wait listed (based on available slots)
You will receive a payment invoice (could be a few days or a week)
Then the invoice will state payment term and methods
Once payment is processed your slot is secure.

So having said that we will not be taking payments Thursday but invoicing you shortly there after...once you have your invoice and you pass the do date you will move to a wait list. All matches that you are promoted into must be paid for at one time. All invoices will be paid online....no snail mail or paper checks.

As you can see this system is dependent on a good email address which is monitored during this process...make certain the email you have attached to your 3GN account is good.

Edited by csole

TI and HM if rifle has 1x can it also have irons cowitnesed? Can they be offset? Or if 1x is employed are BU sight only employable if optic goes down?

The reasoning ask is wo clarification you could shoot irons as primary with an offset dot in TI which is pretty gamey, yet also could be effective.

I like the new division rules. Only think I would have done different would have went with one C or better to neutralize or two anywhere in HI and HO if shooting .40 or larger.

Either way I'll be shooting some HI in the future now that I can run a red dot. I never could go to the trouble of putting a front sight on my rifle.now I can swap optics for both Heavy Divisions.

Time to order a new .308!!!

I should be able to post the equipment divisions on Monday. A few more reviews on the entire rule set. The scoring will be a two hits any where.

AT present here are the equipment rules for each division. We have made some modifications to the Heavy Metal Optic and Heavy Metal Division with the hope that more folks will partake those division. Please not that these rules do not take effect until after January 1, 2014.

3Gun Nation Regional Rules Set

11/25/13

Please note that these rules do not take effect until after January 1, 2014.

7.0 FIREARMS PER DIVISION -The minimum cartridge case dimension for handguns to be used in 3 Gun Nation Regional Matches is 9x19 mm. The minimum bullet diameter is 9 mm (.354 inches). The minimum caliber used in 3 Gun Nation Regional Matches for Rifle is 5.45mm x39mm and the Shotguns must be 20 gauge or larger. Some divisions may have a higher minimum.

7.1 Open Class

7.1.1 Pistol

7.1.1.1 No limitations on accessories.

7.1.1.2 Magazine length may not exceed 171.25 millimeters.

7.1.2 Rifle

7.1.2.1 No limitations on accessories. Rifle supporting devices (i.e. bipods, etc.) maybe added or removed during the course of the event.

7.1.3 Shotgun

7.1.3.1 No limitations on accessories.

7.1.3.2 Barrel length may not be changed for the duration of the event.

7.1.3.3 Shotgun speed loaders are allowed in Open

a. Shotgun speed loaders must be the new type, or modified old style with primer relief cut.

b. Use of old style shotgun speed loaders without the primer relief cut will result in disqualification.

7.2 Tactical Irons

7.2.1 Pistol

7.2.1.1 Firearms must be of a factory configuration.

7.2.1.2 Internal modifications are allowed providing they do not alter the original factory configuration of the handgun.

7.2.1.3 Firearms with custom or factory installed electronic sights, extended sights, compensators or barrel porting are NOT allowed in this division.

7.2.1.4 Magazines used shall not exceed 171.25 mm OAL (overall length) for single stacks, and shall not exceed 141.25 OAL for staggered magazines.

7.2.1.5 Pistol Magazine failing the OAL inspection, after the competitor has completed one or more stages, results in the shooter being bumped to Open Class.

7.2.3 Rifle

7.2.3.1 Firearms must be of a factory configuration.

7.2.3.2 Internal modifications are allowed providing the modifications do not alter the original factory configuration of the rifle.

7.2.3.3 Iron rifles may be equipped with no more than one (1) non-magnified optical sight.

7.2.3.4 Any rifle supporting devices to include but not limited to bipods and mono pods or a device that deploy legs and or supports and elevates the muzzle end of the gun are not permitted. Forward grips that are less than five inches long are acceptable.

7.2.3.5 Compensators are allowed in this division provided the compensator is not larger than 1 inch in diameter and 3 inches long, measured from the barrel muzzle to the end of the compensator.

7.2.4 Shotgun

7.2.4.1 Shotguns must be of a factory configuration.

7.2.4.2 Conventional tubular magazine fed shotguns, only, allowed in this division.

7.2.4.3 Barrel length may not be changed for the duration of the event.

7.2.4.4 Internal modifications are allowed providing the modifications do not alter the original factory configuration of the shotgun.

7.2.4.5 No electronic or optical sights are allowed on shotguns in this division.

7.2.4.6 No shotgun supporting devices (i.e. bipods, etc) are allowed in this division.

7.2.4.7 No compensators or porting on barrels allowed in this division.

7.2.4.8 No shotgun speed loaders are allowed in this division.

7.2.4.9 No shotgun in tactical division may start a stage with more than 9 total in the shotgun.

7.3 Tactical Optics

7.3.1 Pistol

7.3.1.2 Internal modifications are allowed providing they do not alter the original factory configuration of the handgun.

7.3.1.3 Firearms with custom or factory installed electronic sights, optical sights, extended sights, compensators or barrel porting are NOT allowed in this division.

7.3.1.4 Magazines used shall not exceed 171.25 mm OAL (overall length for single stacks, and shall not exceed 141.25 mm for OAL staggered magazines.

7.3.1.5 Pistol Magazine failing the OAL inspection, after the competitor has completed one or more stages, results in the shooter being bumped to Open Class.

7.3.2.1 Rifle

7.3.2.2 Firearms must be of a factory configuration

7.3.2.3 Internal modifications are allowed providing the modifications do not alter the original configuration of the rifle.

7.3.2.4 Scoped rifles may be equipped with no more than one (1) optical sight.

7.3.2.5 A magnifier may be used with an optical sight in this division without violating the one optic rule, provided:

7.3.2.6 Any rifle supporting devices to include but not limited to bipods and mono pods or a device that deploy legs and or supports and elevates the muzzle end of the gun are not permitted. Forward grips that are less than five inches long are acceptable.

7.3.2.7 Compensators are allowed in this division provided the compensator is not larger than 1 inch in diameter and 3 inches long, measured from the barrel muzzle to the end of the compensator.

7.3.2.8 Rifles must be .

7.3.2.9 Shotgun

7.3.2.10 Shotguns must be of a factory configuration.

7.3.2.11 Conventional tubular magazine fed shotguns, only, allowed in this division.

7.3.2.12 Barrel length may not be changed for the duration of the event.

7.3.2.13 Internal modifications are allowed providing the modifications do not alter the original factory configuration of the shotgun.

7.3.2.14 No electronic or optical sights are allowed on shotguns in this division.

7.3.2.15 No shotgun supporting devices (i.e. bipods, etc) are allowed in this division.

7.3.2.16 No compensators or porting on barrels allowed in this division.

7.3.2.17 No shotgun speed loaders are allowed in this division.

7.3.2.18 No shotgun in tactical division may start a stage with more than 9 total in the shotgun.

7.4 Heavy Metal

7.4.1 Pistol

7.4.1.1 Firearms must comply with the Tactical handgun rules.

7.4.1.2 .45 ACP Caliber or larger

7.4.1.3 Magazines may be loaded with no more than 10 rounds.

7.4.1.4 Firearms with custom or factory installed electronic sights, optical sights, extended sights, compensators or barrel porting are NOT allowed in this division.

7.4.1.5 Magazines are limited to 10 rounds per magazine, At the start the competitor can have 10 plus 1 in the handgun.

7.4.1.6 Pistol Magazine failing the OAL inspection, after the competitor has completed one or more stages, results in the shooter being bumped to HMO Class or Scoped Tactical.

7.4.2 Shotgun

7.4.2.1 12 gauge only.

7.4.2.2 Conventional tubular magazine fed PUMP shotguns, only.

7.4.2.3 Shotguns must be of a factory configuration.

7.4.2.4 Barrel length may not be changed for the duration of the event.

7.4.2.5 Internal modifications are allowed providing the modifications do not alter the original configuration of the shotgun.

7.4.2.6 No electronic or optical sights are allowed on shotguns in this division

7.4.2.7 No compensators or porting on barrels allowed in this division.

7.4.2.8 No shotgun speed loaders are allowed in this division

7.4.2.9 No shotgun in this division may start a stage with more than 9 rounds total in the shotgun.

7.4.3Heavy Metal Rifle

7.4.3.1 Firearms must be of a factory configuration.

7.4.3.2 Internal modifications are allowed providing the modifications do not alter the original factory configuration of the rifle.

7.4.3.3 Iron rifles may be equipped with no more than one (1) non-magnified optical sight.

7.4.3.4 Any rifle supporting devices to include but not limited to bipods and mono pods or a device that deploy legs and or supports and elevates the muzzle end of the gun are not permitted. Forward grips that are less than five inches long are acceptable.

7.4.3.5 Compensators are allowed in this division provided the compensator is not larger than 1 inch in diameter and 3 inches long, measured from the barrel muzzle to the end of the compensator.

7.4.3.6 Rifles must be a .308 Winchester (7.62x51 NATO) minimum.

7.4.3.7 Rifle magazines must not be loaded with more than twenty (20) rounds.

SCORING CONCESSION for Heavy Metal: A competitor in this division shall only be required to score ONE hit ANYWHERE on a paper target with the Rifle, Shotgun or Pistol to neutralize the target.

7.5 Heavy Metal Optics

7.5.1 Pistol

7.5.1.1 Firearms must be of a factory configuration

7.5.1.2 Internal modifications are allowed providing they do not alter the original factory configuration of the handgun.

7.5.1.3 Firearms with custom or factory installed electronic sights, optical sights, extended sights, compensators or barrel porting are NOT allowed in this division

7.5.1.4 Magazines shall not exceed 171.25 OAL (overall length) for single stacks, and shall not exceed 141.25 mm OAL for staggered magazines.

7.5.1.5 Minimum caliber (9mm) can be used in this division up to .45 ACP caliber.

7.5.1.6 Pistol Magazine failing the OAL inspection, after the competitor has completed one or more stages, results in the shooter being bumped to Open Class.

7.5.2 Shotgun

7.5.2.1 Shotguns must be of a factory configuration.

7.5.2.2 Conventional tubular magazine fed shotgun allowed in this division.

7.5.2.3 Barrel length may not be changed for the duration of the event.

7.5.2.4 Internal modifications are allowed providing the modifications do not alter the original factory configuration of the shotgun.

7.5.2.5 No electronic or optical sights are allowed on shotguns in this division.

7.2.5.6 No shotgun supporting devices (i.e. bipods, etc.) are allowed in this division.

7.5.5.7 No compensators or porting on barrels allowed in this division.

7.5.5.8 No shotgun speed loaders are allowed in this division

7.5.2.9 No shotgun in this division may start a stage with more than 9 rounds total in the shotgun.

7.5.3 Rifle

7.5.3.1 Firearms must be of a factory configuration

7.5.3.2 Internal modifications are allowed providing the modifications do not alter the original configuration of the rifle.

7.5.3.2 Scoped rifles may be equipped with no more than one (1) optical sight.

7.5.3.3 A magnifier may be used with an optical sight in this division without violating the one optic rule, provided:

7.5.3.4 Any rifle supporting devices to include but not limited to bipods and mono pods or a device that deploy legs and or supports and elevates the muzzle end of the gun are not permitted. Forward grips that are less than five inches long are acceptable.

7.5.3.5 Compensators are allowed in this division provided the compensator is not larger than 1 inch in diameter and 3 inches long, measured from the barrel muzzle to the end of the compensator.

7.5.3.6 Rifles must be .308 Winchester (7.62x51mm NATO) minimum.

7.5.4.0 3 Gun Nation staff shall reserves the right to inspect any firearm(s) for compliance to the above stated rules. Any competitor not willing to submit their firearms for inspection shall result in an event DQ.

I may have missed it, but I dont see anything about drum magazines for rifles being illegal in any of the divisions.... Is that right? Can drums be used on all rifles?

7.3 Tactical Optics
7.3.1 Pistol

Does this mean that all of our Glocks with stippling, trigger guard relief cuts, finger groves removed and the like will not be legal?

Bruce

I need a new gun or a new game now.

7.3 Tactical Optics

7.3.1 Pistol

Does this mean that all of our Glocks with stippling, trigger guard relief cuts, finger groves removed and the like will not be legal?

Bruce

I need a new gun or a new game now.

Dude that rule is on every rule set. It basically means no one off space guns in TO.

Did I just read there will be a standardized rifle platform/barricade to make things more fair? Is the AFL-CIO designing these stages?

I'm curious to see waft they come up with. The vertically challenged shooters always seem to get hosed on barricade support. I just hope it doesn't eliminate the pallets and brush we usually shoot off of in outlaw matches.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I like the new division rules. Only think I would have done different would have went with one C or better to neutralize or two anywhere in HI and HO if shooting .40 or larger.

Either way I'll be shooting some HI in the future now that I can run a red dot. I never could go to the trouble of putting a front sight on my rifle.now I can swap optics for both Heavy Divisions.

I agree on the hits. C zone or better is enough. I would have liked to see the HM divisions a little more same same. Had they stuck with 45s and pumps in HMO, along with the 1x sights in HMI, then the HMI division would get the boost from those who prefer not to (or can't) shoot irons. The up side to same pistol and shotgun is that if I show up to shoot HMI and it gets cancelled due to low turn out, then a simple optic swap and 5 minutes on the sight in range, I am in the HMO division. No sweat. With this rule set I have to bring an extra shotgun, pistol, ammo, holster, mags, mag pouches, etc. Besides... is it really Heavy Metal when you shot up with a 20ga auto loader, a 9MM, and a drum of 110gr marshmellow loads? I mean... lite beer is neither less filling, nor does it taste great. Just sayin.

Edited by co-exprs

I agree on the hits. C zone or better is enough. I would have liked to see the HM divisions a little more same same. Had they stuck with 45s and pumps in HMO, along with the 1x sights in HMI, then the HMI division would get the boost from those who prefer not to (or can't) shoot irons. The up side to same pistol and shotgun is that if I show up to shoot HMI and it gets cancelled due to low turn out, then a simple optic swap and 5 minutes on the sight in range, I am in the HMO division. No sweat. With this rule set I have to bring an extra shotgun, pistol, ammo, holster, mags, mag pouches, etc. Besides... is it really Heavy Metal when you shot up with a 20ga auto loader, a 9MM, and a drum of 110gr marshmellow loads? I mean... lite beer is neither less filling, nor does it taste great. Just sayin.

I would be all for using 9mm and an auto loader and red dots in HI too. Basically just like TI and TO. Same guns just one guys can see and one guy can't.

I would be all for using 9mm and an auto loader and red dots in HI too. Basically just like TI and TO. Same guns just one guys can see and one guy can't.

With 9s and autos it would be a pointless division. Why bother to shoot it when all you would be signing up for is a more expensive rifle, more expensive ammo and more maintenance headaches to worry about. With light loads you can run a 308 almost as fast as a 223, so you don't even get the joy of running heavy recoil guns. Completely pointless. I am fully equip'd to run in light and heavy divisions. I shoot light divisions when I want to go really fast (well.... fast'ish) and heavy divisions because I like the guns and technical challenges which accompany them. I'm all on board for the 1x, but going heavy metal lite beer in irons would kill the division. The HM prize tables are usually not good enough to draw in shooters, from lite divisions, for anything more than just dabbling. Those who shoot in HMI do so because they really like the guns. It's worthless argument anyways, because they have already set the rules. Glad they at least kept HMI pure to it's origins.