Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CFE Pistol

HI5-O

I just read about a new powder released by Hodgdon called CFE Pistol.

Says it's good for 9mm; 38 Super; 40 S&W; 45 ACP.

Has anyone seen this powder or used it?

Will it make major in 9 and 38?

Not that I found this powder but inquiring minds want to know ;)

I just went to the Hodgdon site and did not see this powder listed. CFE for rifles, yes, CFE for pistols, no mention. Perhaps they are still working up loading data for this, but for now it's a phantom powder like some of the new Alliant ones.

Found this with a quick search....I am curious if it's anything like HS6. Might be worth trying for 9 Major.

Just like its rifle powder counterpart, CFE 223, CFE PISTOL greatly deters copper fouling round after round!

CFE, which represents the proprietary chemistry named Copper Fouling Eraser, was developed for U.S. rapid fire military systems.

Whatever your game is as a top gun competitor or target plinker you will benefit significantly with longer periods of top accuracy with less barrel cleaning time and minimal muzzle flash.

Starting in December visit the Reloading Data Center at hodgdon.com, and you will find an incredible 103 available loads for CFE PISTOL with 37 bullet weights. Check out the data to see a remarkable 15 pistol cartridges featuring the 9mm Luger, 38 Super, 40 S&W, the venerable 45 ACP and many more. CFE PISTOL is a Spherical powder that meters with superior uniformity, it will be offered in one and eight pound containers at dealers everywhere January 2014

Found this with a quick search....I am curious if it's anything like HS6. Might be worth trying for 9 Major.

Just like its rifle powder counterpart, CFE 223, CFE PISTOL greatly deters copper fouling round after round!

CFE, which represents the proprietary chemistry named Copper Fouling Eraser, was developed for U.S. rapid fire military systems.

Whatever your game is as a top gun competitor or target plinker you will benefit significantly with longer periods of top accuracy with less barrel cleaning time and minimal muzzle flash.

Starting in December visit the Reloading Data Center at hodgdon.com, and you will find an incredible 103 available loads for CFE PISTOL with 37 bullet weights. Check out the data to see a remarkable 15 pistol cartridges featuring the 9mm Luger, 38 Super, 40 S&W, the venerable 45 ACP and many more. CFE PISTOL is a Spherical powder that meters with superior uniformity, it will be offered in one and eight pound containers at dealers everywhere January 2014

Ah... ok, this is helpful. Now if they can actually get this stuff out there so people can try it... that'd be good!

Edited by Justsomeguy