22 LR conversions for XDM

RMark

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I got mine:

Used it at a small local Steel Challenge match and it worked without any issues. Not a single glitch. I ran it with CCI Mini-Mags.

The only thing I didn't like were the sites. Probably because I'm not use to Glock sites.

Can't wait to take it out again.

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!

:D

I got mine:

Used it at a small local Steel Challenge match and it worked without any issues. Not a single glitch. I ran it with CCI Mini-Mags.

The only thing I didn't like were the sites. Probably because I'm not use to Glock sites.

Can't wait to take it out again.

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!

Holy Crap!! They're here.....For real????

Have you done any trigger work on your XDm or is it stock?

The XDM frame I put it in is completely stock. It is a XDM 4.25 9mm. No work has been done on it. I have not tried it yet on my Canyon Creek enhanced XDM 5.25 40s&w for USPSA Limited competition.

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!

Edited by szhttm

The XDM frame I put it in is completely stock. It is a XDM 4.25 9mm. No work has been done on it. I have not tried it yet on my Canyon Creek enhanced XDM 5.25 40s&w for USPSA Limited competition.

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!

Hmmmm. Would be curious to see how that goes. My 5.25 has the PRP trigger.

FYI, don't buy this if you have an aftermarket trigger. I bought this form my xdm 5.25 9mm with the PRP trigger kit. Got this and it doesn't work. Contacted Advantage arms and their response was pretty much "Sorry, only works if your gun is stock". Would have been nice if they posted that on their website.

OK, it doesn't work with a light trigger. Rim fires have been known to require a heavy hammer strike. If you put a heavier hammer spring in does it work?

I know that's not what you were wanting to do but will it work then?

Edit to add: When did you order yours? Everything I see on their website now reads for pretty much stock guns only.

Edited by LikesToShoot

I wanted to know the same thing as it doesn't make sense that it doesn't work with a trigger kit. But my kit will not do anything when you pull the trigger. don't know if its not setting or not releasing the striker.

I ordered my kit about 1.5months ago and FYI, they have definitely updated their site to say "No aftermarket triggers". I would not have ordered had that been on there when I did.

I bought a 1911 conversion kit from them about six years ago. It worked pretty well until it blew up when it fired out of battery. They took it back, gave me a loaner after several weeks of doing without, sent me a new kit and let me keep the loaner. So I felt OK about dealing with them.

Now I ordered this kit and emailed them to correct an error I made when I gave them my email address. Since I didn't get a reply I called and the gal said "oh yea, "we got the correction". OK, fine. Now I'm waiting to hear from them.

Yesterday I had a missed call and a message saying their email's to me gets returned, and that they're sending the mags from their end and another dealer is shipping me the kit.

I received an email from USPS that a package from Advantage arms (my mags) was in their system and sent as Priority 2-day delivery. (strange USPS can send an email to me based on the one I supplied to Advantage Arms but they can get one out.)

When I tried to call I just get voice mail and of course no replies to my emails. At this point I'm not feeling good about dealing with this outfit.

Okay, the conversion kit arrived today and was left on my front porch. Which is kind of dumb because they required a signature and the magazines are at the post office so I have to go there to pick up the extra mags.

Installation was a breeze, removerd the slide and install theirs. When pulling the trigger after racking the slide I could hear the distinct click that the sear was releasing the striker. I loaded the mag and try to chamber a round but because I screwed up and bought the Dawson magwell it would not insert far enough. I popped the plastic insert off and tried it again, it worked just fine. ? l loaded a mag with CCI blazer ammo and went to the range.

Success! It worked just fine with my Powder River precision extreme trigger. Rapid fired all 10 rounds without a glitch. ??

When I have more time I will do more testing as far as sites and such.

Went to the range and shot 100 flawless rounds thru it (later went to the post office to p/u my other 4 mags.) Trigger pull is 2 1/4# just like it was with the factory slide (using PRP Extreme trigger). Slide locked back every time.

Frontsight_zps011c955e.jpg

Rearsight_zpsbbacc391.jpg

All shots fired are off hand

12 yards:

12yards_zpsfa66efdd.jpg

then 24 yards:

24yards_zps92080dd9.jpg

I just ordered a Dawson Glock FO front site and will let you know when in comes in.

The rear sight will get blacked out w/Sharpie.

My guess the slide is alum. (I'm at work, gun's at home.)

Mags pics later tonight.

I can't say what gun it will work on. I took a large chance that it would work on my 5.25" 9mm with PRP Extreme and got lucky.

My slide has 6/14 marked on it. I don't know if that production date makes a difference on what gun it'll work on.

It would be nice to know what the date on the other guys kit has on it. (The one that didn't work w/mods)