Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is anyone looking for a Stock II? I know where some are

Nealio

Does the full dust cover affect it for IDPA as well?

Most likely.

As far as I can tell from reading the rules, the Stock II isn't legal for IDPA shooting because of the conical lockup barrel and because it is overweight.

The full-length dust-cover is not legal in ESP, but is legal in SSP. So... if it made weight, and had a normal barrel, you could shoot it in SSP or ESP. Sort of like the CZ SP-01.

Ah, good point. Cone barrel longer than 4.25" makes IDPA illegal. So any idea how the limited pro compares? Will it have same inherent accuracy and trigger potential?

Yes. The lower half of the guns are the same.

The traditional barrel is also LASER like...

Im not sure if the limited pro will fit the box. The gun is absolutely huge. You do need to double check that before going that route.

I just sold my Limited Pro but i greatly preferred it to the Stock II because of the sight radius and the balance. The limited pro, despite being longer was less muzzle heavy than the stock ii and tracked better for ME. Its a great gun.

I spoke to a gunsmith that shoots a limited pro in Idpa, he said it makes weight. I used to shooting a 1911 so maybe the limited pro balance you speak of would be a great fit for my making the switch. As long as the trigger can be made to be as good as the one I felt in the stock II I think I'd be happy.

Why did you sell your limited pro if I may ask?

I loved the gun but i am fully vested in CZ's and quite frankly, a hardware switch is just not worth it as i stand to gain nothing. I liked the gun, alot but i am the type that shoots only one gun at a time. Going between cz's and the tang would be self defeating in my mind.

Magsz-that makes sense. I am gun switching now and looking to settle in on one. So I understand your point. I have pretty big hands, so I think the Tang will be a better choice than the CZ platform for me.

Edited by mhoosier