Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Legal starting condition for CZ-75BD in Limited

JesseM

It's pretty simple they earn the DQ because that is what is specifically called for in the rule book.

If we start enforcing the rules only when you think they are pertinent we are going down a slippery road. If a shooter unloads and shows clear then hammer downs then sweeps his hand do you DQ? You know the gun is empty, how about a snap cap at a safety area? It is not actual amunition so it's not dangerous is it?

Run the shooters by the rules as they exist if you don't like the rules write your AD and ask for a change

Mike

Excuse me? Mike, no offense, but you need to stop accusing me of running matches outside of the rules. That's a gross overstatement of this discussion and hardly appropriate. And it's not clear in the least.

Nik and I disagree on interpretation of 10.5.9. Had the rule book stated "thou must use the decocker if equipped" and I said bs, I think it's perfectly safe, your comments would be valid. As they are now an insult I disregard them.

My apologies I did not mean to offend.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I understand the rule correctly it is legal to start with the hammer cocked, safety engaged in Limited? Is this only for Limited or would it be legal to start this way in Production if your gun was equipped with an external thumb safety?

I'm still very new to the world of DA/SA ... So is it common practice for folks to avoid the DA first pull and just train to sweep the thumb safety off as they are building their grip from the draw if their platform has an external thumb safety?

i dont believe taking the first shot double action is required. It must be hammer down that the "beep", then do as you wish, just like a revolver. I saw people cocking their hammers for the first shot on strong/weak hand strings on a stage at prod nationals.

For me the shots were close enough to make the extra action / time detrimental versus just shooting....

• 2 weeks later...