Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why don't Tanfoglio's get any respect?

prk

Yah just checked and no guns in the standard shadow line are more then $895 before tax. However you can get the Shadow 2012 edition and the Canadian edition for $1200, but they are both much more modified for compition from the factory kinda like a limited.

Cheers,

Evan

I've actually never shot a CZ so I can't say anything about how the trigger is. I am half Czech so I would love to own one, and the Canadian edition is really very very nice. With that said Tanfoglio does offer a wider veriety of models for competion and price, where CZ jumps from the Tactical Sport strait to the Czechmate with nothing really in between. Tanfoglio has the Limited and Xtreme lines and its hard to match them with anything. It I'd also harder from what I've found to get compition CZ parts then it is to get Tanfoglio parts here.

I guess this is maybe why you see more basic CZ's and more Modified Tanfoglios here in Canada.

Cheers,

Evan

Even worse with the stock 2 extreme....it comes in at around $2250.

I recently just purchased a stock 3 extreme which was $1650 and also a SP01 shadowline (which comes with most of the standard upgrades) for $895.

The good thing about the xtreme models though is it seems like absolutely everything has been done to the gun, even the trigger job.

I'm surprised to learn the shadows are the same price as the stock 2 in the US. A basic shadow in Canada 1 year ago could be had for around $750 and that comes with three mags.

Got to check out my first Tanfoglio at a match last week... Very nice feel... heavy compared to my Glock 34... Trigger was exceptional... Very much like a 1911...

I suspect people don't talk about them much because they are almost non-existent in the USA... Would consider buying one if I could find one for sale...