Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 with CZC SRTS - trigger noise. Normal?

blueorb

Hi all.

I have a CZ 75 with CZC's short reset trigger system. I ordered the gun directly from CZC with the work done in their shop (ie...this is not a home gunsmithing job gone bad).

Lately, my trigger has been making a lot of squeaky noises on both the trigger pull and return. It actually is developing a gritty feel as well. It certainly did not have a squeak or feel gritty when I received the gun. The gun probably has around 2000 rounds through it.

Is this at all normal? Any way to rectify this? Video is below. Might want to turn your volume up.

[yt]

[/yt]

squeaky wheel gets the oil. :)

sorry..got oil/grease on the trigger return spring? oil there, oil the trigger bar spring.

* just replied to your email too

Edited by eerw

one of my 75's is somewhat prone to getting rougher as it gets dirty. it seemed to be between the trigger bar and the frame, so I took it apart and polished the outside of the trigger bar lightly (mine is pretty roughly finished), and also cleaned everything up. brake cleaner might work if you are averse to the idea of disassembling the gun. You have to remove the safeties and sear-cage assembly and trigger pin to get to the trigger bar. That's an easy job if you have a cgw trigger pin.

squeaky wheel gets the oil. :)

sorry..got oil/grease on the trigger return spring? oil there, oil the trigger bar spring.

Hey Stuart. I actually sent you an email as well. Yes, I just cleaned the gun and, when reassembling, I made sure to oil trigger return spring and trigger bar spring.

I'd blow out the internals with brake cleaner, apply some oil, and try again.

This is my very cleaning routine. I blast with break cleaner, clean and then oil. Will try again...

one of my 75's is somewhat prone to getting rougher as it gets dirty. it seemed to be between the trigger bar and the frame, so I took it apart and polished the outside of the trigger bar lightly (mine is pretty roughly finished), and also cleaned everything up. brake cleaner might work if you are averse to the idea of disassembling the gun. You have to remove the safeties and sear-cage assembly and trigger pin to get to the trigger bar. That's an easy job if you have a cgw trigger pin.

I have never disassembled my 75 and am really reluctant to do so without someone around to fix any screw ups. Will pay attention to the trigger bar though. Thanks.

I have never disassembled my 75

That's your problem right there :P

I would completely strip the whole pistol, clean everything spotless, then polish everything and put it back together again with some Slide Guide :wub:

I found some 3000 grit sand paper at the auto parts store which spongy so it gets into all the little spots and works bitchin'! (plus it's impossible to take off too much metal)

truthfully I hate break cleaner, cause it strips oil from every where.

make sure oil in hammer, sear, sear spring, hammer spring, hammer strut.

let me know if any relief.

Well, I think I will stop using the break cleaner. I have field stripped and reoiled everywhere I could. The trigger return squeak is now gone. It's quiet and smooth again. I am still getting the squeak on the trigger pull. The squeaking is coming from the rear of the gun. Something in the hammer, sear-cage, etc area.

If it helps any...it only squeaks when I let the trigger go gull forward to reset. If I pull the trigger and pull again before it fully resets it does not squeak at all.

I have never disassembled my 75

That's your problem right there :P

I would completely strip the whole pistol, clean everything spotless, then polish everything and put it back together again with some Slide Guide :wub:

I found some 3000 grit sand paper at the auto parts store which spongy so it gets into all the little spots and works bitchin'! (plus it's impossible to take off too much metal)

Lol, I am not exactly mechanically inclined. And it appears that the CZ is one of the more difficult pistols to work on. I would really need a full detailed write up on how to disassemble/reassemble. Anyone know of a very thorough one? With pictures preferrably? LOL..

Shannon, you're not too far from me. If you ever wanted to take some time to learn, I'd be willing to lend a hand. I've had my SP01 down to a pile of parts a number of times. It's intimidating as hell, but once you do it, it's not that hard. It helps having internet and video nearby for reference. The hardest part is remembering the order things go back in ( ie: hammer pin detent BEFORE left side safety detent and spring...i think i screw that one up every time! )

Anyway, let me know if you are interested. I'm busy the next couple of weeks but after that, I"m pretty free.

Shannon, you're not too far from me. If you ever wanted to take some time to learn, I'd be willing to lend a hand. I've had my SP01 down to a pile of parts a number of times. It's intimidating as hell, but once you do it, it's not that hard. It helps having internet and video nearby for reference. The hardest part is remembering the order things go back in ( ie: hammer pin detent BEFORE left side safety detent and spring...i think i screw that one up every time! )

Anyway, let me know if you are interested. I'm busy the next couple of weeks but after that, I"m pretty free.

Glenn, I really appreciate the offer. I will take you up on that. PM incoming...