Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Enosverse Has Its First Birthday!

Duane Thomas

Don't know if anyone's pointed this out yet - and I'm a few weeks late - but the Enosverse has been in existence for one year as of early May 2002.

Back on May 2, 2001 I was talking to Brian on the phone when he mentioned he had just started up a web site and message board - the dear, lamented, original message board. <sniff!> Naturally I jumped on the 'net to visit this place as soon as humanly possible. When I first came on this board, most of the counters on the various topics stood at zero, and I had the pleasure of putting the first posts on some of them. The only people who've been on this board longer than me are Pat Harrison, Al Capizzo, and Brian of course. And I  can't really foresee a time when I won't be here. This place is just WAY too cool to ever give up.

"This place is just WAY too cool to ever give up."

I couldn't agree more.  I've got a small notebook with insights and drills from this sight. ALL of you that contribute here have revitalized my interest in the sport.

Thanks everyone, and Happy Birthday to us!!

Its been a great year! Wow almost 900 members and over 23000 posts, who'd a thought

For those who have been wondering, Shooter girl for example (I got your messages but have been very busy, will be in touch soon) about my absence from the forums. I have been taking it a bit easy from shooting this year, part due to back pain, and part from boredom from what IPSC has become. I'm not giving it up, just picking my matches more carefully. I do have two match wins and a third this year so I seem to be holding up.

Also I have been testing out a new sport (well new to me)

I'm trying out autocross or Solo II, it has its similarities to IPSC in track layout and approach, everything I have learned here applies to it as well.

And it apears to be paying off

http://www.soloontario.com/solo2/2002/novice.htm

So far I am first in the rookie points and third in class, not a bad start. It goes to show that many of the lessons contained in these forums go far beyond shooting.

Once again I would like to thank our host for this space and his words of wisdom, here's hoping we have many, many more years together.

Pat

I have been testing out a new sport (well new to me) I'm trying out autocross or Solo II

Pat, you just make sure the shooting sports don't lose you.  [We should have never let Pat see The Fast & The Furious.  After he saw it I, knew he was a bit too excited about sports cars.] sad2.gif

(Edited by Bill Schwab at 5:29 am on May 28, 2002)

Wow, it seems like longer than a year to me as well. I've never had a good grasp of the concept of time. Too bad the original forum is toast, or I could get the exact date and have a birthday celebration, because any birthday is a good excuse to drink!

be

I know the origional forum was up and running when I joined in, and I believe that was around Jan or Feb. last year.  Maybe we could just drink on the may birthday of this forum and hoist one in rememberance of the old one....just another excuse to have another beer :)

Pat

Pat,

Nice work in autox! Gotta love using those IPSC skills in other arenas. I take it that’s an SE-R, eh? I’m supposed to say, "Not bad for a rice-burner", but that would be too predictable ;)  Hope your back gets better soon.

Trav

I'm not sure when the old forum started. But, it was up and running before the 2000 Area 2. I know because BE was promoting it there. That was in November 2000. I'd discovered it a couple weeks before that. So, it was running in October 2000.

Pat,

Glad to hear you're doing so well with the Sentra. I had one of the original SE-R's. It was definitely a fun car. I finally got rid of it this year and got a WRX. Now that's a really fun car. ;)

Ah, so now the light bulb goes off. The May 2nd date is the date the new forum board came into existence, not the date of the old forums board. I've got some stuff I ran off the old board. I'm going to dig it out and see if I can find the original date.

• 3 weeks later...

Quote: from Pat Harrison on 5:43 pm on May 27, 2002

Its been a great year! Wow almost 900 members and over 23000 posts, who'd a thought

For those who have been wondering, Shooter girl for example (I got your messages but have been very busy, will be in touch soon) about my absence from the forums. I have been taking it a bit easy from shooting this year, part due to back pain, and part from boredom from what IPSC has become. I'm not giving it up, just picking my matches more carefully. I do have two match wins and a third this year so I seem to be holding up.

Also I have been testing out a new sport (well new to me)

I'm trying out autocross or Solo II, it has its similarities to IPSC in track layout and approach, everything I have learned here applies to it as well.

And it apears to be paying off

So far I am first in the rookie points and third in class, not a bad start. It goes to show that many of the lessons contained in these forums go far beyond shooting.

Once again I would like to thank our host for this space and his words of wisdom, here's hoping we have many, many more years together.

Pat

Just an update, I have extended my lead to 7 pts with three events finished...also running 17th out of 63 series registered competitors....so far :D