Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First Match in Limited

jacketjoed

The most common thing I see, is the shooter reaching for his mag pouch after every array. lol, You won't have to do that in limited.

After shooting production for most of a year and then swithcing to open , I still find myself trying to reload every time I move from one shooting position to another. Very hard to overcome the habit.

I went and shot it yesterday, the major loads were a lot different then my production loads but not bad. The trigger will be the biggest thing for me, so much different then my M&P.

I ahev been doing both. just got a 2011 and the learning curve is steep. I intend to still shoot production once in a while. i have set up my stuff the same. if you watch some of the best limited shooters, some of them set up both belts the same way.

To me 40 major does not recoil much more than 9mm, with a heavy limited gun, it even less.

Edited by Sandbagger123

Ya I'm getting stoked for it, they posted the stages for the match last night and they look fun. Looking the round counts its going to be fun not reloading much. Shooting this pistol was probably the worst mistake I've made in a while, this sight tracker is awesome!!!

To me 40 major does not recoil much more than 9mm, with a heavy limited gun, it even less.

WHAT?

Are you serious??

I shot 9mm Luger with a 153gr. bullet, making 130 PF out of a Shadow.

No I´m doing .40 S&W with a 180gr. bullet, making 175 PF out of a TS.

That´s MUCH more bang than the 9!

The biggest problem I had making the transition from a DA/SA production gun to a 2011 Limited/Open gun was getting used to the safety. I was constantly making my mag changes and accidentally engaging the safety and not getting my thumb back on the safety. Then wasting time trying to figure out why I couldn't pull the trigger. I suggest that you spend some time dry firing and practice your draws and reloads whiles managing the safety prior to shooting a match.

The biggest problem I had making the transition from a DA/SA production gun to a 2011 Limited/Open gun was getting used to the safety. I was constantly making my mag changes and accidentally engaging the safety and not getting my thumb back on the safety. Then wasting time trying to figure out why I couldn't pull the trigger. I suggest that you spend some time dry firing and practice your draws and reloads whiles managing the safety prior to shooting a match.

Have been doing that quite a bit for that very reason, its not a terrible transition, i have shot 1911's since i was a kid(dad was and still is against striker fired guns, thought he was going to disown me when i bought a glock!)

WHAT?

Are you serious??

When the timer goes beep, and the adrenalin is flowing, i don't feel it at all. i run 135pf 9 and 175pf 40

WHAT?

Are you serious??

When the timer goes beep, and the adrenalin is flowing, i don't feel it at all. i run 135pf 9 and 175pf 40

That should be easy so, which one goes faster?