Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best cheap 5.56 or 223 ammo

Mike41

Freedom Munitions. Only ammo company I see sponsoring matches.

Totally agree. They make good stuff, help us out a lot too. They have some good 69 and 77 loads too.

Of course if everything listed is out of stock it doesn't shoot well at all! :goof: Looks like only one .223 type is in stock. No 5.56.

Freedom Munitions. Only ammo company I see sponsoring matches.

Totally agree. They make good stuff, help us out a lot too. They have some good 69 and 77 loads too.

Of course if everything listed is out of stock it doesn't shoot well at all! :goof: Looks like only one .223 type is in stock. No 5.56.

The ammo that is "in stock" changes daily, literally. You might look now and nothing, then about 10am, they might have a million rounds of .223 55fmj in stock...really!

Plus, if you see something you want to try, click on the "Email me when back in stock" link and it probably won't be very long.

Both Cabelas in WA had an amazing amount of .223 and 5.56 in stock. Cheapest price was $8.49 a box. And average was $9.99. Too bad, I can only bring 11 lbs of ammo for each of us(2). I got the kids with me too, but probably shouldn't put ammo in their baggage.

The Federal AE223 always shot well but just after the last presidential election I decided to buy components because I could buy more for my money. Turned out to be a good idea however my handloads won't shoot as well as the Federal stuff did.

My barrel is chambered for 5.56 so will shoot either fine.