Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Board meeting, minutes posted **news**

Flexmoney

http://www.uspsa.org/bodminutes/20131009.pdf

Highlights (not official, just a brief summary):

- USPSA Revolver division will be changed to allow 8-shot guns in Minor Power Factor (along with 6-shot guns that can score Major).

- New 2014 rule book approved. IIRC, no major changes from what has been out there for review. We did keep in a couple of the Level I match exemptions that were slated to be taken out (mover presentation and painting steel). Plus, a rule for where ammo capacity is restricted by law.

- New guns for the Production gun list will have a new form with some clarity added.

- For Steel Challenge, a division was added. Open Revolver.

- For Steel Challenge, a bit of clarity was added saying that you can paint the post of the stop plate to differentiate it as the stop plate.

- Practiscore was approved as an official scoring program.

** The new rule book and division change (Revo-Minor8) will start on February 01, 2014 (Florida shooters take note. You will have one major match in January and another in February.) Why not start it in the 1st day of the year? ...timing of the announcement per the by-laws. We have to get the division change into Front Sight Magazine, then it needs 3 months.

That is just a quick summary from memory (my notes are at home). If you have any specific question, please start a new thread on the specific topic.

Flex,

Since the 8 shot minor was passed, will the board be discussion what to do with the classifiers with more then 6 rounds? ( 8 shot classifiers ). I'd imagine a large surge in revolver grand masters over night if left un touched.

Flex,

Since the 8 shot minor was passed, will the board be discussion what to do with the classifiers with more then 6 rounds? ( 8 shot classifiers ). I'd imagine a large surge in revolver grand masters over night if left un touched.

We meet again in December. I put it on the agenda.

I had asked my area director to bring up the idea of 357SIG being allowed in Limited and Limited 10 scoring major. Any discussion?

Factory ammo I ran across the chrono all made 169 and better at the A7 Championship at the Sig Academy. Since 357 Magnum can make major, I would appreciate the discussion of 357SIG.

Thanks for the updates Flex

I had asked my area director to bring up the idea of 357SIG being allowed in Limited and Limited 10 scoring major. Any discussion?

Factory ammo I ran across the chrono all made 169 and better at the A7 Championship at the Sig Academy. Since 357 Magnum can make major, I would appreciate the discussion of 357SIG.

It was briefly discussed but we can only change Division rules once every two years. The earliest this could take effect would be Jan, 2015. No big rush to discuss it now and the meeting was already three hours long.

Dave asked for it to be placed on the agenda for the December in person meeting.

It was briefly discussed but we can only change Division rules once every two years. The earliest this could take effect would be Jan, 2015. No big rush to discuss it now and the meeting was already three hours long.

Dave asked for it to be placed on the agenda for the December in person meeting.

Thanks

Wasn't OSR already a division in steel challenge?

Tey dropped ISR/OSR last year in favor of Revo/Open. Seems they like to change the Steel Challenge divisions more often than I change my underoos. I've had to update my club's SCSA scoresheets every year for the past three years due to division changes. I'm not a REVO guy but I don't see a big advantage to making OSR it's own division since reloads shouldn't happen.

Tey dropped ISR/OSR last year in favor of Revo/Open. Seems they like to change the Steel Challenge divisions more often than I change my underoos. I've had to update my club's SCSA scoresheets every year for the past three years due to division changes. I'm not a REVO guy but I don't see a big advantage to making OSR it's own division since reloads shouldn't happen.

It's not the reloads, it's the comp/red dot.

That was an interesting discussion. While rules allowed for "wildcat divisions" already in Tier 1 & 2 matches...there was some desire to recognize Open Revo at the big match. To do so required this rule change.

Too late, I know, but with all the revolver and magazine limit discussions I forgot. I wish I could have asked for a slight change to production modifications, which is, the ability to add grip tape to the slide where forward serrations would be. It makes it a lot easier for us lefties during ULSC.