Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
ErikW

when I grow up...

My four-year-old nephew, upon seeing his uncle in shred's Squad 30 DVD...

When I grow up, I'm gonna shoot guns and drink beer.

How did he know about the beer-drinking? Inference? :D

Oh yeah, I guess there was a little beer-drinking in one clip

Erik,

you don't have to wait that much, really.

My kid of 5 already drinks beer and soda with pizza, and 10 days ago I had him pulling the trigger of my .40" SVI while I was holding it at the range... B)

He saw the shooting on the DVD (I was attempting to watch it without the nephews seeing it) and his not-yet-four-year-old mind just put together two "grown up" things. I think his father drinks beer and I know his other uncles drink beer in front of him.

for those looking realize skywalker is not from around here (USA) where that would be illegal.

atleast the yongster has some good solid goals and ideas of what a man should do :-D

If that young man doesn't have a pair of cowboy boots and a hat, Uncle Erik.....well you know what to get him for Christmas. ;)

' scuse me!

I was under the impression that growing older is compulsory, but growing up is optional?

I tried being a 'grown up' for a number of years, during my 'corporate years' - wow, was that boring!

A bigger bunch of boring people I have never met. Growing old early springs to mind...

I'm 49 now and have got over the 'career' / 'social status' thing. I associate with like minded individuals and do what I want (as long as I don't affect anybody else) .

The main reason I love this site is it's open, and often frank, comments by very knowledgable members. It is refreshing (these days) to find somewhere that you can open up about your shooting problems / issues/ deficiencies and actually get so much positive and constructive comment, rather than the non-constructive abuse you get from other fora.

Thanks Guys.

Ultraweasel.

I was under the impression that growing older is compulsory, but growing up is optional?

Ultraweasel.

It's NEVER too late to have a happy childhood! Remember this and live it!

Ultraweasel.

It's NEVER too late to have a happy childhood! Remember this and live it!

Thank you!

I certainly am living my 'adult childhood' ! :)

Don't be boring! live life and don't worry what others think!

As they say "f*#k 'em" - (Can I say that?)

Cheers,

Ultraweasel.