Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dealing with grip tape?

saibot

I run grip tape on my pistol and it's very helpful, but I dryfire quite a bit and it just turns my hands to hamburger. Any suggestions on how to deal with grip tape without having two pistols?

I run grip tape on my pistol and it's very helpful, but I dryfire quite a bit and it just turns my hands to hamburger. Any suggestions on how to deal with grip tape without having two pistols?

you could put regular tape over your grip tape. just a suggestion, never had that problem.

Great info, guys!

The problem I have with gloves is that I lose the tactile feel of everything and start performing much slower than normal. The other thing I have to look out for is that I can barely reach the mag release as it is and adding extra material on the grip or my hands makes it even harder. I think adding some blue masking tape is a great idea since it's so thin to begin with.

I've been dryfiring about 1 - 1.5 hours a day lately and several times I'll have a bloody grip when I'm finished and have to tape up my fingers to continue. Probably should have thought about putting the tape on the grip!

But the more I think about it, the AGrip sounds like something I'm going to try ASAP since it solves several issues for me; improved grip, no added size from gloves or even the grip tape, won't destroy my hands.

Great tips. Thank you!

When I'm shooting production, I have a second Glock with no grip tape and a stock trigger pull for dry fire. My Limited Edge I put painters tape around the bottom 1/4 or so. Otherwise, the stippling tears up my pinky.

For my production Glock, I do use grip tape, but I don't replace it all that often. It wears down after a while and it stops sanding off my finger tips.

Take a break on training for a couple days. When you go back to training start for shorter periods (train for perfection for less time). You hands will become tougher and the grip tape will wear down... One draw back, your wife may not want to hold your hand anymore or she might need gloves ;)

Take a break on training for a couple days. When you go back to training start for shorter periods (train for perfection for less time). You hands will become tougher and the grip tape will wear down... One draw back, your wife may not want to hold your hand anymore or she might need gloves ;)

Hahah. Ya, already there on that one. Hands like a loofah, she says. (ya, I didn't know what that was either).

/google

You may want to consider switching to a stipple grip. There are some obvious drawbacks, permanence being number one, compliance for your shooting sport and class is another. I switched a few months ago and really like it for my 3 Gun pistol. Very positive - not nearly as aggressive.

Edited by markhawkeyeordnance

You may want to consider switching to a stipple grip. There are some obvious drawbacks, permanence being number one, compliance for your shooting sport and class is another. I switched a few months ago and really like it for my 3 Gun pistol. Very positive - not nearly as aggressive.

Did you do it yourself? Not sure if it's allowed in Production class though. I'd have to check. Good tip. Thanks!