Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Well Availability for M&P

JupiterAdam

We just lasered a batch of magwells this afternoon and I think there were some Aluminum Limited magwells in there, are you looking for a Brass Limited magwell or will the Aluminum work? We haven't made the Brass ones in a while in a while because they didn't sell very well but if there was enough interest I could probably run another batch. They would be expensive though, Brass has gone through the roof.

Yes I would like a brass one. However, with your cautionary note, I would like to know the new price before committing. I am on the list to be notified when the brass ones are available.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Forgive the noob question, but are all magwells by SSS, whether brass or aluminum, legal for Open? The reason I ask is if you read the product description for each, they show the aluminum as legal for Open, Limited and Limited 10. They also show the brass model legal for only Limited and Limited 10 but make no mention of Open.

I have scoured the rules but cannot figure out why the brass version wouldn't be legal for Open division. Am I missing something or is this perhaps just a typo or omission?

EDIT: Disregard, both magwells are legal for Open.

Edited by JMike

10-8 Performance just announced, but is not quite shipping, a new (polymer/fiberglass) magwell, and extended base pads.

I actually have a pre-production prototype of the magwell because I am sponsored by 10-8. I am a newbie to M&P's(coming from 1911's and Glock's), but the magwell does an awesome job at fixing one of my main complaints of the platform in comparison to Glock. Between the magwell and his base pads that he will be releasing, it is a huge improvement over stock config.

10-8 Performance just announced, but is not quite shipping, a new (polymer/fiberglass) magwell, and extended base pads.

I actually have a pre-production prototype of the magwell because I am sponsored by 10-8. I am a newbie to M&P's(coming from 1911's and Glock's), but the magwell does an awesome job at fixing one of my main complaints of the platform in comparison to Glock. Between the magwell and his base pads that he will be releasing, it is a huge improvement over stock config.

Pics?

• 2 weeks later...

Bobby, you know you want my M&P instead of the one you got. LOL.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk