Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP 3GUN Upper build

J-Rob

Recently made the decision to submit an order for a dedicated 3Gun Rifle upper and this is what I went with :

JP-15 FORGED UPPER ASSEMBLY, MATTE BLACK FINISH

.223 BARREL, 18" MEDIUM CONTOUR, 1:8 TWIST, BLACK TEFLON WITH

JPTRE-5.12B.875 LARGE COMPENSATOR

JP ADJUSTABLE GAS BLOCK, .750 BORE, BLACK STAINLESS. LOW PROFILE TO

FIT UNDER HAND GUARD.

JPHG-6M JP FREE-FLOATING MODULAR HANDGUARD. AR-15/M16 EXTRA LONG (15.50"

OAL). MATTE BLACK HARD COAT ANODIZED.

JPTR-FS JP MIL-STD-1913 MODULAR RAIL FOR 12:00 FORWARD POSITION FOR FRONT

SIGHT

JPBC-3 JP LOW MASS BOLT CARRIER, 416 STAINLESS WITH QPQ.

JPEB-223 JP .223 HIGH PERFORMANCE 9310 BOLT ASSEMBLY

JPTD650L BLK JP LONG THERMAL DISSIPATOR, BLACK, .650 BBL 8 3/8"

My question is, what do you guys think? Should this suit me well for Tac Optics Division?

I see you are ordering the "large" compensator. Excellent compensator but I think it is too large for Tactical Optics Division. You might want to look at the normal 1" comp. Anything larger than 1" puts you in open. Just a thought.

Wise choice on JP in my humble opinion.

Edited by Brian Payne

I contemplated the light and medium contour over and over, and I think 5 extra ounces wont make that big of a difference to me. Plus if I go to war with a long distance target the medium contour wont heat as fast as the light will.

Difference between light and medium contour will feel negligible, and the extra weight will smooth the swing. Biggest reason to go with light contour is accessory availability. There is a wider array of comps, gas blocks and sights available for the 3/4" barrel profile. Should you want to change things up in the future. That being said... my favorite and most shot rifle is my old 20", medium contour JP15 and it's still in mostly "stock" config.

Difference between light and medium contour will feel negligible, and the extra weight will smooth the swing. Biggest reason to go with light contour is accessory availability. There is a wider array of comps, gas blocks and sights available for the 3/4" barrel profile. Should you want to change things up in the future. That being said... my favorite and most shot rifle is my old 20", medium contour JP15 and it's still in mostly "stock" config.

I disagree. My friend has a Medium contour JP and I run a light one. His gun fees very nose heavy to me. He likes it but I don't.

Pat

I personally would like to have a light profile but JP only sells their barrel kit in medium contour. That said I build for JP parts a rifle similar to your. I am very happy with it and the thing is very accurate. You will be happy with it when you see your target.

Are you sure about that. I had a light contour barrel kit in the cart just have not pulled the trigger on it yet.

Pat

Recently made the decision to submit an order for a dedicated 3Gun Rifle upper and this is what I went with :

My question is, what do you guys think? Should this suit me well for Tac Optics Division?

Well, you have as nice a rifle as anyone shooting - should suit you just fine. Enjoy J-Rob, that is a hell of a pop gun en route...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...