Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP 3GUN Upper build

J-Rob

Love JP stuff good choice!

Loose the cooling fins. I prefer their 18" light contour cause its super light.

Can I please ask why you recommend losing the cooling fins for this setup? I just put together my JP barrel kit in 16 in light barrel with the heatsink (cooling fins). Do you think they are a waste and aren't necessary? If so why, weight, cost etc.

thanks so much for any insight

Can I please ask why you recommend losing the cooling fins for this setup? I just put together my JP barrel kit in 16 in light barrel with the heatsink (cooling fins). Do you think they are a waste and aren't necessary? If so why, weight, cost etc.

I believe because of the extra weight. That said I really like the fins on my 18" med. profile. Helped to keep the barrel and hand guard cooler when running a bunch of rounds through the barrel shooting prairie dogs.

Attaching stuff other than necessary to your barrel seems like a recipe for POI shifts. Of course the guy that told me that is pretty much crazy now , Alzheimer's I think. So if it's not hurting you rock n roll. Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Not sure if it is hurting me or not since I haven't shot it yet and even once I do I can't think of any type of tests that would definitively determine if having the thermal dissipator on or off will make any accuracy difference. I do agree with you though that just having something extra attached to the barrel seems it could have a negative effect. I just don't understand what if any positive effect dissipating heat on a 16 light barrel will have on accuracy if any at all either. Should I worry about over heating my 16 light jp barrel on typical 3 gun match or not? Any other thoughts on running with or without a jp dissipator would be appreciated.

Thanks for all of your insight so far.