Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thicker CZ 75 Grips?

TerryT

I currently have a pair of vz diamondbacks on my cz 75 competition gun. Love the grips. Only thing is that they are a little to thin. It is hard to get full contact of my support hand on the gun. Especially at the bottom half of the grip. Tried the stock rubber grips and they weren't much better and also felt slick compared to the diamondbacks.

Anyone else been through this and can point me in the right direction for a pair of thicker grips? Thanks.

I'm running DAA thick grips and they are pretty nice but I have a friend who designed some and is currently trying to find someone to produce them at an affordable price and his are a huge improvement.

I hope he finds a way to get them done; I would be interested in trying a set.

I use standard CZ hard plastic grips.

Old CZs used to come with these. They're the same width and profile as the stock rubber grips, but they take grip tape, since they're hard plastic. All it takes is a little sanding and degreasing.

Cheap (CZ Custom sells them for $23 I believe) and they work great for me and my huge mitts.

I too would like some palm swells on the sides. I have a SP01 Shadow. Do any grips have swells a least as large as the factory rubber ones? For larger hands look at RAT grip to customize them.

Looked at the RAT grip system. Anyone know off the top of their head whether this would be legal for USPSA Production? I know it wouldn't be for IDPA.