Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any fix to prevent the hammer hitting the beaver-tail?

Intercooler2

I think you have some slide speed issues. My 10mm match has a tiny line there (didn't notice it before). But it's not as extreme as yours.

Questions:

How many rounds of 10mm have you shot through the pictured gun?

Are you running a Springco recoil reducer?

Ate you getting slide to frame contact?

Over travel of the hammer causing it to hit the beaver tail is due to a weak or under powered hammer spring. When I run a 13lb hammer spring in my Limited it hits the beaver tail and creates those lines. I prefer how the 13lb hammer spring works in my limited gun so I just live with the hammer hitting the beaver tail. I have shot MANY thousands of rounds like this without any ill effects.

The Sprinco recoil reducer is a 2 stage guide rod that slows the slide down at the last part of the travel. This will keep the slide from hitting the frame hard and causing a cracked slide.

The hammer mark on the beaver tail might require a stiffer hammer spring like Cha-Lee said if you are already running a 20lb recoil spring.

What would be the best route to totally eliminate the possibility of the hammer hitting back there? I thought the flat block would slow the slide down and sling the hammer less?

So with the Sprinco you can use a 20lb Wolff spring as the main spring? How did you determine it stopped the contact?