Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA Witness Elite Match 9, Should I Buy

EricS

A store a few hours north of me has three in stock at $629.50. I've been in the market for a gun to shoot local matches and I'm considering something besides my G35 and XDm. I have exactly zero experience with these guns and only know what you guys have written. It's a stretch for me and I'm wondering if it's worth the chance. I like steel guns and it's beautiful but I'm hesitant. Any advice would be appreciated.

They are good guns out of the box. I don't know any gun that shoots as well as the Match out of the box (both accuracy and shooting dynamics) for that price. Just by polishing things up inside you can get a 3lb trigger and they are very reliable (after break in of course).

http://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24_27_28&products_id=7487

Lanbo has it cheaper. I just put in an order for one of these. I've heard great things about it. I compete with tanfos. This one will be more for home defense for my application. The new matches have an accessory rail on them. Its a great pistol, however like others have said not the best for uspsa competition unless you get it in .40 and shoot limited. Just depends on what you will use it for.

Thanks for all the knowledge. I'm going to reconsider this. I went up and handled the gun and liked it. But I really think I want one in .40. Then again maybe a CZ or an Edge? Clearly I'm uncertain right now so I think I'll just shoot my G35 until I'm sure.

Thanks again for the input!

Good decision, if USPSA is your game,

40 is the way to go for a Limited gun.

If you're looking at a CZ, the Tactical Sport really is pretty great, I have a TS, a Match and a Hunter/Gold Team and the TS trigger is unparalleled!

Forget the Edge :). You'll be into it for more that twitch what a TS setup costs you and it's not twice the pistol if you ask me.

Edited by kneelingatlas

Thanks Kneelingatlas. I shot a buddy's Edge a few days ago. I liked it but I've never shot a CZ. I know another club member with one (I'm unsure which one he has) and he's agreed to let me try it on a Tuesday Night Steel shoot. I should have a better idea where I stand then. I really like my Sig Scorpion so 1911 style pistols are very comfortable and familiar. It's going to come down to what I like and really need. In the meantime I'm going to shoot the G35 and Sig and beg/borrow as many other guns as the owners as will let me :)

Thanks again.

Im not 100% on this, but I believe I read on here that you could also get a DA/SA trigger for the WItness match elite from Henning ?

Im gonna use mine for 3 gun & if I can get the DA/SA trigger use it for USPSA Prod class as well....

you can put a DA/SA trigger in a Match but it is not on the production approved handgun list so it is not legal for production division.

Mike