Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are the Gen4 Glocks good to go in competition?

Xander

This isn't exactly what you asked for, but I have been running a G35 gen 4 since January of this year and it has been 100% flawless. I get free 193 PF ammo through my job that I run using the factory dual recoil spring, and I also load down to 135 PF with a Jager guide rod/13# spring for production and IDPA.

Running a G17 gen 4 for the past year. Bought it August 2012, made in July 2012. Has been 100% reliable through 9K rounds, no ejection or extraction problems. A friend that has a gun from 2011 needed the ejector and extractor changed to stop the ejections into the face. I'm running 130-135pf 124 gr loads with the 9mm rated dual spring. I haven't tried lighter.

I've been very happy with it and love the grip and mag release over the gen 3. I have confidence in the gun, in the year using it, moved from IDPA sharpshooter to expert and most recently master.

Internally only a LW connector, polish job, and Wolff 4lb striker spring, for 3 lb pull, Heinie .125 rear notch, Ameriglo .090 front sight, using CCI for practice and Federal for matches with 100% reliablility. CCI's the last few years are much softer than before and I haven't had any light strikes.

If you're shooting IPSC production, with the Gen 4, a minus connector and stock striker spring should be close to a 5 lb pull. The triggers seem to be about a 1/2 lb heavier with Gen 4's using the stock striker spring. With the 4 lb striker spring about the same as my Gen 3's.

Edited by dee loo

It took the 4 lb striker spring to bring the pull down to the same weight as your Gen 3's with or without the 4 lb spring in your Gen 3's?

I'm thinking of getting a Gen 4 34 so that I could use the backstrap that has a beaver tail - I'm getting slide bite so bad with my Gen 3 that it's a problem.

It took the 4 lb striker spring to bring the pull down to the same weight as your Gen 3's with or without the 4 lb spring in your Gen 3's?

I'm thinking of getting a Gen 4 34 so that I could use the backstrap that has a beaver tail - I'm getting slide bite so bad with my Gen 3 that it's a problem.

With the 4lb striker string and lone wolf minus connector, I get roughly the same weight trigger pull out of a Gen 3 and 4, pull weight is 3 in the gen 4 and 3 1/8 gen 3. The trigger break feels softer on the gen 3. With the lone wolf connector and stock strker spring in both, the gen 4 is 5lb and the gen 3 is 4 1/4. The 4lb striker drops the weight much more in my gen 4, 2 lbs vs 1 1/8, maybe its the tolerances. I get slide bite too, but haven't ordered the beavertail yet. For matches I rarely get bitten, but always when practicing. My skin can handle a handful of draws but no more.