Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

223 on 650

the primier punch is in station #2 so that won't helop with the decapping pin in #1. You can pull the decaping pin out of the die in #1 and you won't lose the primers. Are you still going to resize them?

Neal in AZ

Edited by Intel6

When I load .223 on my 650 I do it in a two stage process. I deprime/size/M die them and then throw then in the tumbler to cleam them off so I have what I call RTL brass which is ready to load. When I load it I only put a universal decapping die in #1 to clear the flash hole and then prime powder etc... For you it would almost be the same but yes, you would need to take the die out of Station #1 and load the rest of the way like normal.

Neal in AZ

No die in station 1. No need for sizing or decap.

Powder in 2

Bullet in 4

Crimp if desired in 5

Pretty straightforward. But Henny has a point, check the brass in your chamber. If it fits, see above. If not you will need to make it fit before loading.

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

i load 223's by the thousands but only every 5 years or so and just realized the other day that when i was triming them with the dillon trimmer that i was using a univrsal decapping die only in station one.....so i was not using an expander ball ....it sort of concerned me so when i took a batch out to chrono them and i could see no illl effects from not using the expander ball.... D I C K