Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Duel purpose Glock ISPC & IDPA

kmaultsby

Ok I will be picking up my new Glock 22 tomorrow and I need a little. I want to use this pistol for IDPA ESP and ISPC Limited 10 \ limited until I purchase a Glock 35 next year. For IDPA I will be using minor loads around 127k FPS and ISPC loads 166K FPS. I am looking for help how to setup my pistol for dual purpose.

Bullet: 180gr for major PF. 155gr for minor PF. Is this a good idea?

What Pound recoil spring?

Adding a stainless steel guide rod.

Install KKM barrel.

Trigger Job.

What do you folks think? B)

Edited by kmaultsby

Sights? I'm thinking Sevigny or TTI. Holster? I'm thinking blade tech or Comp tac

Thanks. What model Holster? Sights: You do not like adjustable. I was looking at Dawson but here good things about the Sevigny sights. Who is TTI? Also looking for bullet recommendations. As of now I am looking at Precision Bullets.

No real need for an aftermarket barrel, unless you plan to run lead bullets, then it is often considered a good idea.

I ran 180g bullets in my 40 caliber Glocks for both Major and Minor power factors. I simply adjusted the amount of powder (TiteGroup) that I used.

A 15lb spring will likely cover you for both loads.

Sevigny sights.

Oh, be sure to get a "3 pin" G22. It will have 2 roll pins in the locking block...one that the trigger goes on, and then another near it. Some of the early G22's only have the trigger pin.

It gives more strength for running lost of Major loads through it.

Oh, be sure to get a "3 pin" G22. It will have 2 roll pins in the locking block...one that the trigger goes on, and then another near it. Some of the early G22's only have the trigger pin.

It gives more strength for running lost of Major loads through it.

Wow I will check tomorrow. I was thinking that was for the old models not the new ones.

Edited by kmaultsby

No real need for an aftermarket barrel, unless you plan to run lead bullets, then it is often considered a good idea.

I ran 180g bullets in my 40 caliber Glocks for both Major and Minor power factors. I simply adjusted the amount of powder (TiteGroup) that I used.

A 15lb spring will likely cover you for both loads.

Sevigny sights.

You did not have issues with the gun cycling slow when you downloaded to minor PF.

Most 9mm is minor power factor, and uses the standard (17lb) recoil spring.

I actually ran the standard recoil spring and assembly for 10's of thousands of rounds of minor 40. The only issues I ever had were on the last round in the mag when running it empty. If not for that, I would suggest just running the standard recoil spring.

I load minor to 135 power factor.

Sights? I'm thinking Sevigny or TTI. Holster? I'm thinking blade tech or Comp tac

Thanks. What model Holster? Sights: You do not like adjustable. I was looking at Dawson but here good things about the Sevigny sights. Who is TTI? Also looking for bullet recommendations. As of now I am looking at Precision Bullets.

Taran Tactical Innovations "TTI" he also has trigger spring kits.

Bullets I would use Black Bullet International and use WST powder

Get the Zev guide rod and Red Recoil Spring.

Zev has a great trigger kit w/ extended tip striker that is production legal and I love their mag wells too.

Holster is Black Ice from blade tech or international from Comp Tac

Planning on using loads that just barely squeaks by the PF limit is not a good idea. Have at least a 5 PF cushion. Sometimes the temperature may change the speed of the bullet, or a match chrono may not be exactly like yours.

I load 180gr ibejiheads to major with Solo 1000 or n320, and know a guy that loads them to minor for production with Clays.

Ok I will be picking up my new Glock 22 tomorrow and I need a little. I want to use this pistol for IDPA ESP and ISPC Limited 10 limited until I purchase a Glock 35 next year. For IDPA I will be using minor loads around 127k FPS and ISPC loads 166K FPS. I am looking for help how to setup my pistol for dual purpose.

Install KKM barrel.

Trigger Job.

For major Zev put in a 13lb recoil spring on my 24. I run a 11lb recoil spring my 34. Since springs are cheap I would get at least a 13lb, 15lb may cause the muzzle to dip too far.

ESP / Limited trigger is pretty much max, so a Fulcrum highly tuned is as good a Glock trigger can get. You can carry that over to the 35.

Grip work by Logan at Enhanced Precision Products. He is the best. I have a Zev CCW stipple on a 19 build and their silicone carbide grip on the 24. Logan is doing my OD 35 grip soon. Cleanest edge and texture is just right.

KKM has a nice lock up feel to it, very responsive during follow up shots since it takes away a lot of slide to frame slop if you get the drop in.

Lastly if your frame is gen 3, I highly recommend one of Zev's signature cuts on their SS slide. Match grade.

You may want to get adjustable sights. My preference is Dawson Precision, but adjustable none the less. If you plan to switch back and forth between power factors, you may change your POI vs POA. Switching back and forth between power factors may cause other issues, like the cadence of your gun, split times, extraction, ejection, etc... You may just want to run a 170PF in both USPSA and IDPA, granted you will be handicapped due to higher recoil. The other option would be to run 130PF in IDPA and USPSA (minor) and keep everything the same. Then when you do get your Glock 35, set it up for USPSA (major) and set up your Glock 22 for IDPA.

Ok I will be picking up my new Glock 22 tomorrow and I need a little. I want to use this pistol for IDPA ESP and ISPC Limited 10 limited until I purchase a Glock 35 next year. For IDPA I will be using minor loads around 127k FPS and ISPC loads 166K FPS. I am looking for help how to setup my pistol for dual purpose.

Install KKM barrel.

Trigger Job.

For major Zev put in a 13lb recoil spring on my 24. I run a 11lb recoil spring my 34. Since springs are cheap I would get at least a 13lb, 15lb may cause the muzzle to dip too far.

ESP / Limited trigger is pretty much max, so a Fulcrum highly tuned is as good a Glock trigger can get. You can carry that over to the 35.

Grip work by Logan at Enhanced Precision Products. He is the best. I have a Zev CCW stipple on a 19 build and their silicone carbide grip on the 24. Logan is doing my OD 35 grip soon. Cleanest edge and texture is just right.

KKM has a nice lock up feel to it, very responsive during follow up shots since it takes away a lot of slide to frame slop if you get the drop in.

Lastly if your frame is gen 3, I highly recommend one of Zev's signature cuts on their SS slide. Match grade.

Thanks Stician, A lot of useful information. I am just trying to under stand the recoil spring. If I run minor on one weekend at my local IDPA match and the next week I go major at my ISPC match the 13lb recoil spring would be ok for both or should I switch? I know I will have to do some range testing.

You may want to get adjustable sights. My preference is Dawson Precision, but adjustable none the less. If you plan to switch back and forth between power factors, you may change your POI vs POA. Switching back and forth between power factors may cause other issues, like the cadence of your gun, split times, extraction, ejection, etc... You may just want to run a 170PF in both USPSA and IDPA, granted you will be handicapped due to higher recoil. The other option would be to run 130PF in IDPA and USPSA (minor) and keep everything the same. Then when you do get your Glock 35, set it up for USPSA (major) and set up your Glock 22 for IDPA.

Thanks Butterpuc. Yeh I have Dawson adjustable on XD9 Tactical now but I see sooo many good review on Warren Tactical sights. Also staying with one PF is a good Idea but I wanted to get in a little time with both, But the minor PF is looking good at this time for the 22. What are you using for sights?

Edited by kmaultsby