Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

range master auth?

scooter doc

In this case, "Staff Day" had dedicated RO's on every stage. Some "staff" shot Friday and worked Saturday, other "staff" worked Friday and shot Saturday.

I agree with Kevin. Stages should be debugged as much as possible before the first shot is fired. That's not to say that something won't come up once the match is started, but Friday shouldn't be treated any different than Saturday.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I generally do not see stages changed during staff day but I have seen many WSB's get changed after the range lawyers utilized the loopholes.

3.2.3 says you can change it and refers to 2.3 which has some options on what to do once it is changed. At that point the RM opens himself up for a lot of issues.

Kevin,

they could mod the stage, reshoot anyone who shot it previously, and keep the stage in the match. Well, reshoot anyone other than the folks who were disqualified from the match....

Agreed. Hence the reason I used the words "possibly" and "arb'd". But you and I know that trying to call back everyone that had shot the stage for a reshoot would have murdered the match flow for that day and turned it into a total cluster. The simple fact was there was nothing wrong with the stage. The shooter is responsible for keeping their muzzle safe. The stage in no way prevented that or forced any shooter to even make a risky shot unless they pushed the envelope.

I generally do not see stages changed during staff day but I have seen many WSB's get changed after the range lawyers utilized the loopholes.

3.2.3 says you can change it and refers to 2.3 which has some options on what to do once it is changed. At that point the RM opens himself up for a lot of issues.

Just so we are clear on how I meant my comment about changing the WSB. A good staff of RO's, CRO's and even the occasional RM who is working the match, can find most of the loopholes during the staff shoot and before they shoot the stage. They can keep the match RM busy as he approves changes to the stages and the WSB. It is better to catch them before they shoot, or at the very least before all the staff has shot the stage. Finding the problems while the main match is going in is much more likely to get the stage thrown out, or at the very least back things up by forcing whole squads to reshoot the stage.

Just so we are clear on how I meant my comment about changing the WSB. A good staff of RO's, CRO's and even the occasional RM who is working the match, can find most of the loopholes during the staff shoot and before they shoot the stage. They can keep the match RM busy as he approves changes to the stages and the WSB. It is better to catch them before they shoot, or at the very least before all the staff has shot the stage. Finding the problems while the main match is going in is much more likely to get the stage thrown out, or at the very least back things up by forcing whole squads to reshoot the stage.

The match in question had about 140 shooters on the "staff day" so you see why those of us that shot the match might discount this as a real option beyond the first shooter or two of the match to hit the stage. This was a level II match that had been pretty well vetted but numerous eyes. Everyone shot the match in a half day format so match flow was really important to making sure everyone got to shoot the match in a timely manner.

If the stages were well vetted by multiple eyes prior to the staff shoot then the entire crew is to be applauded. Many times it is the staff shoot before the stages get properly vetted due to stage construction being started only a day or two prior.