Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G22 adjustable sight

toddrod

I am a new Glock owner, all my other guns are 1911's. I will be using a G22 to shoot production, the gun is stock at present with factory fixed sights front and rear. I am looking for recommendation for a cheap adjustable rear sight to put on this gun that would work with a HiVis front sight that would be legal for production.

$99.00 for the black on black Dawsons is nothing. On my first competition Glock I spent over $350.00 on two types of Bomars. First with the Glock Bomars which Ididnt care for. I then replaced those with CGR buried bomars (Bomar for Para rear) which required cutting and refinishing the slide.

If the Dawson precisions sights for Glock had been available then I would have saved myself a few dollars.

Confession time.

I shot my G35 with a Hi-viz front and Glock adjustable rear for about three years. I did modify the Hi-viz some (cut down the size of the FO "bulb" you looked at down the barrell so there was a nice black outline for longer shots).

I just put on a .90 Dawson FO front with a Hienie Slant Pro rear. The difference is appreciable. That is an understated huge difference for the better.

I have also been practicing with a G35 that has the Dawson FO front and the all black Dawson adjustable rear. I think I like the Heinie/Dawson combo better. Maybe if the Dawson rear was cut a little wider and deeper it would be as good or better, since it is adjustable.

I just wish Flexmoney would have told me along time ago about how important the sights are on a Glock as compared to barrells and triggers, etc. :D

TomB

I just wish Flexmoney would have told me along time ago about how important the sights are on a Glock as compared to barrells and triggers, etc. :D

TomB

LOL..(I think your joking)

Just in case...and so nobody is confused...

I don't think a person needs to spend much on their Glock to be competitive. But, the thing I would be sure to improve would be the sights and the trigger.

I can live with the old plastic fixed Glock sights if need be. I don't like how wide the front is, but I could get by with them.

But, those rear adjustables from Glock... :wacko:

I would just as soon knock those adjustables out of the gun and shoot without a rear sight (seriously).

I want my rear sight to have a nice clean picture...flat acrossed the top.

Of course I'm joking.

And congratulations, Kyle, you have been busy. My jaw hit the floor when I looked in my new Front Sight. Master in L10, Open and revolver. GM in Limited. Wow. Did I miss any? That's awesome.

TomB

Well, just an update for everyone. I shot my G22 a couple of days and just did not like the recoil characteristics of it, even shooting a minor PF load ( Titegroup 3.8g with 155LRN). So, my local gunshop gave me a very good deal as a trade in and I will borrow a friends G34 that has Vanek trigger job, KKM barrel and Dawson sites and put some rounds through it before I make my mind up to go with a G34, CZ85 Combat or Para LDA( very pricey though). Thanks for all the help.

Todd, if you think the Dawson fiber optic rear sight on Carroll's 34 are too busy, I'll let you try mine with thr Heinie SlantPro rear and Dawson fiber optic front. BTW, don't get used to the Vanek trigger unless you plan to put one in your 34, if that's what you decide on.

That Vanek trigger job is going to be out of my price range for quite a while. I would go with the 3.5 disconnector for the trigger. I would prefer to go straight black on the rear sight, those 2 FO on the rear were to distracting to me when I first shot that gun a couple of monthes ago, but that was only 5 shots. Hoping to borrow it this coming weekend and do some serious testing with it. I sure hope I like it. I am in a big rut in Limited and hope going production will maybe help me have some fun and maybe learn some new gun handling skills. Are you shooting the steel match or Nicks this weekend? If so, can you bring your G34 so I can Look at it?

twix, I haven't been so busy. I jsut happen to have classifications in the other divisions...and they get pulled up to M because of my Limited class. (Already had the M in Production, so it didn't change.)

toddrod, seek out the twenty-five cent, do-it-yourself, trigger job.