Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Most interesting call with EAA today

You know... it makes you want to kick yourself in your own groin before you start so the pain is less :roflol:

I phoned up for two reasons. One was to see if my warranty card they include with every new purchase made it to them. The Lady told me your receipt is your warranty and the card is for a catalog. She said she put the catalog in with my Long Slide order. Okay... whatever. Guess I am doubly covered :surprise:

Second reason was to get the tracker on my Long Slide kit. This had been on order for three months and everytime I phoned them about it I was told they would call before it shipped to verify I still wanted it. That call was 8/2 and looking at my statement already pending on my card 8/2. She said hold on and let me check (it was relayed sending today on Friday). She got back on and said no tracking number. I stated okay because I was actually looking at sending it right back due to a new Limited purchase. She said it still may be here and she could reverse the charge. Basically it ended then because she didn't know either way if it was or wasn't and snippy talk started at that point. :surprise::surprise:

Henning or someone else please start being the go-between importer for Tanfoglio!!

Tanfoglio makes a very nice pistol, I shot them for several years a while back. Would love to shoot one again but will NOT ever work with EAA ever again. If Dillion sets the standard for good customer service, they set it for bad customer service. My daughter even went to the Tanfoglio factory when she was studying in Europe and was told they can't sell to Americans cause of their deal with EAA.

When I spoke with them recently about my frustration of them not having any Stock II or III in 9mm available anywhere in the country, nor any way to even reserve one, despite EAA showing the Stock III at SHOT, I was told that instant gratification was overrated, anticipation is a great thing, and I should enjoy waiting on something I really really want just like waiting for Christmas... (to paraphrase).

I was also told to go talk to IFG if I wanted a Stock III this year - this just a few weeks ago and as I understand it IFG ceased to function months ago?

I was also told to go talk to IFG if I wanted a Stock III this year - this just a few weeks ago and as I understand it IFG ceased to function months ago?

That's interesting <_< , did EAA tell you that? IFG has the same address and same phone number as EAA...

That's interesting <_< , did EAA tell you that? IFG has the same address and same phone number as EAA...

Yeah - who told you to talk to IFG?

Both EAA and Tanfoglio in Italy told me that IFG has ceased operations.

Also... I looked up the LLC registration docs with the Florida Dept. of State, and the two principals for IFG were the president of EAA (can't recall his name at the moment) and the "gunsmith" at EAA - Paul something or other. .

So, yeah. I'm not sure why IFG ever existed in the first place. Probably for the benefit of the other three Italian gun manufacturers. Maybe they weren't happy with the job EAA was doing and they killed it.

Lady at EAA asked me to call IFG. I asked her if she could walk across the hall and ask them herself since the are the same company, but she acted like they were miles away instead of same building.

She was very nice, in any case.

I noticed a few weeks back the IFG website was no more. And to think we were being sold a bill of goods originally that "IFG has nothing to do with EAA....." even though since day one they had the same address.

Pathetic