Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.355 barrel for 627

Akkid17

Well, took the 327 out and tested some plinking loads with .356" plated bullets and was able to keep all 8 in the small A box at 10ish yards so I'd say that's a thumbs up on shooting 9mm without re-barreling for now. Especially since I'll more than likely be shooting .356" moly coated lead and I already know my other 9mm loves those. Now to pick where to get it re-chambered.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 327. With rp 38 brass at 50 yards off bags it will consistently hit a 8 in plate ie 8 out of 8. That is with .356 142 g lead from years ago, .357 160 g from an old super, .355 147g MG, 160 lead from years ago. What is working for me is most any heavy (140+) bullet seems to hold a 6" or better group at fifty yards. Standing I can hold a 6" group at 50 feet but the gun works great. If I were going to shoot PPC I would be looking at better bullets but what I am going to shoot,USPSA, and as great a shot s I am, not at all, I will stick with all the old junk I have then buy 142 MG once I prove them out.

• 5 weeks later...

Shot steel challenge a couple weeks ago using some cut down 38 special and it was fantastic and I don't have to buy separate dies now since I use my 38 super u die then the rest are 9mm and then my 45 powder drop 4.0 gr of WST and I put them all on the plates. I think I just convinced myself that the rechambering of the cylinder isn't worth the money unless I can find a used one for pretty cheap and have it as a secondary for the gun or for another 627 if I can find one for a decent price.

I am planning on buying the tk match blued moons anyone know if there's an issue with them and starline brass?