Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bar Exam

twodownzero

So, contrary to popular belief, the bar exam doesn't suck that bad. It's 12 hours of hell, and even a drill sergeant can only put so much suckage into a 12 hour period.

it's studying for the bar exam that is awful. I spent 10-14 hours a day for the last 2 1/2 months studying for a 12 hour test. I haven't fired a SINGLE ROUND from any of my firearms since the single stack nationals.

The bar exam should be abolished. It's a useless exercise. I'll think this whether I passed or failed. Our society deserves better. Someone with a JD should not spend thousands of hours studying for a test. That person's time could be better served helping people who cannot afford legal services.

The list of legal services just about anyone could use is long, but distinguished. Everyone needs a will. A lot of people buy property. Everyone enters contracts. And, sadly, almost everyone gets married and divorced, has children, etc.

I just wish enough people cared to realize that the bar exam is a terrible drain on our society that needs to be abolished.

Personally, I think the bar exam should be far more difficult and demanding. Right now, too many people are passing it.

Congratulations on getting through it. The bar exam nightmares will stop in a few years.

Personally, I think the bar exam should be far more difficult and demanding. Right now, too many people are passing it.

Congratulations on getting through it. The bar exam nightmares will stop in a few years.

This. The exam was a joke. I don't understand how people can't pass it.

What's even more ridiculous is that after paying tens of thousands for tuition, people perceive the need to pay a few more thousand for BarBri or whatever, because their school (or elective choices) didn't adequately prepare them for the Exam, much less actual practice.

This Bar Exam you speak of, is that anything like a sobriety test? I think my liver could stand 10-12hrs a day of "studying". I could see how that could rack up a pretty heft bar tab with all that practice.

Good luck passing the exam. I hear lawyers do the best trigger work. .

I say scrap the Bar exam and replace it with hazing. Not the pansy stuff that goes on today but the real deal secret society shit that real men had to go through back in the day.

That's what I'm talking about!

This Bar Exam you speak of, is that anything like a sobriety test? I think my liver could stand 10-12hrs a day of "studying". I could see how that could rack up a pretty heft bar tab with all that practice.

I actually brewed and drank about 15 gallons of my own beer this summer for that exact reason.

Edited by twodownzero

I say scrap the Bar exam and replace it with hazing. Not the pansy stuff that goes on today but the real deal secret society shit that real men had to go through back in the day.

That's what I'm talking about!

I actually brewed and drank about 15 gallons of my own beer this summer for that exact reason.

I was wondering what you did with the other half of the day.

Electrical engineers in california have a sort of "Bar Exam" that is a ten hour test given in a single day by the state. It is two parts five hours each. The first part is a long series of multiple choice problems. In the second part, you pick from among many subject areas and do the problem blocks.

My panic was that I finished first among about 200 people in the school auditorium where it was given. I became certain I had misunderstood the instructions and not done enough questions.......

But I had done it right and I passed. It was just really unnerving to be the first guy to finish about three hours before the "end" time.