Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry/duty friendly 2011 Magwell

mumzer

Anyone here have any success with a VERY modest 2011 magwell compatible with standard length mags? i dont need it for opening size. i have a long wide palm and really just want the support for the heel of my hand without adding substantial overall thickness or length.

many thanks.

thanks steve - that's actually what i started with. its quite a bit wider than i prefer. ideally id find something with little more than a flare front and rear and modest additional width.

I had to grind down the standard STI aluminum one to fit in the box. I like the narrowed profile. It still provides the index for the heel of the hand and is functional as a magwell. I went semi-modern day caveman and used a belt sander mounted in a vice.

The STI tactical magwell is great for every day application. It's also quite a bit more narrow than that regular STI magwell, It also has cutouts to rip the mag out if it doesn't drop free. You might give it a try.

David

I had to grind down the standard STI aluminum one to fit in the box. I like the narrowed profile. It still provides the index for the heel of the hand and is functional as a magwell. I went semi-modern day caveman and used a belt sander mounted in a vice.

I did the same thing with a S&A magwell on a Para. It looks slab sided which is pretty neat