Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Catalyst Extended Mag Release - Pre-order

Bill Schwab

It looks like it's the Costa Ludas mag release

Then don't be first in line to buy it... The last version was junk.

Yup, it's a Costa Ludus. Lotsa problems with them before, but they haven't been selling them for awhile due to a redesign, so I'm hoping these work. I ordered one, and plan to order a Speed Shooters Specialities one as well (when available) to compare.

From what I have read, both good and bad I believe I'll wait for the Speed Shooters Specialties version to debut.

The question still begs....why not buy two of the regular releases and mate them together for and extended release? Heating a razor blade should make the project that much easier. Even with the time involved you're ahead for 25$ on the new release.

Ive had this for the past year on my 9L for USPSA Limited and love it. It makes reloading so much quicker. I have had no problems with it. I saw this posted the other day and it looks exactly like the one I have. If you shoot competitively and need just that little extra when reloading then its worth it.

On the one I had and the couple I saw at local matches. Within a day or two of use, the metal part of the mag catch that holds the magazine would peen over. Installed mine on a Friday. First match Sunday with it I had my magazines dropping out on their own. Decided to toss a screw into the factory mag release. Same effectiveness and FREE.

What problem is this part trying to solve? Dropping a mag from an M&P is about the most thoughtless operation in the whole shooting process. Small digits and the small palm swell isn't small enough? Granted stuffing a fresh one in is a different story but that is practice.

Unless this is just about bling then I'm good with it.

Edited by mcracco