Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Roller cam

I bought the roller cam off eBay and love it. No need to grease the follow. I also bought the primer Shute and it should save primers from spilling on the floor. I'm a newbie to the 650 but I felt they were a well thought upgrades.

I made a roller cam last week for my 650. Smoothed out the press. Cost was $2.00. I love my Bridgeport!

Pat

That's $2.00 off cost of mill.right ?

No, the difference between my cost and the $40.00 plus shipping for the Ebay item. 15 minute job.

Pat

I checked out the Utube video and that looks like a great add-on for my 650. I'm going to order one after the 1st of the month (money thing). Thanks for the post.

GM45

LINK FOR VIDEO ????

I bought one a week ago and just received it the other day. I'm going to install it in the morning. I painted it as it comes bare metal so I figured I'd let it dry over night. It will be interesting to feel the difference.

Well I installed mine and cycled the press a bunch of times. It does smooth it out a bit and requires just a tad less effort to pull the handle due to less friction. Is it worth $40? Only time will tell, however after a long reloading session anything that reduces effort may be highly appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

Sure, it is next to nothing in machine work, a cheap bearing and a roll pin.

The rub is at what price point would you spend the time gathering everything up, knocking them out and shipping them. Looks like it's about $40 to the guy on eBay and $10 less for Pat, as he won't have to go buy and cut up bar stock.

He already noted that it cost $2, so he receives ONE, sets up his mill, machines the slot and drills the hole, makes a run to get bearings and roll pins from time to time and drives to the post office, boxes it up and returns it, all for $28.

That's going to be hard to beat, unless you are wanting a few hundred or thousand of them.

Edited by jmorris