Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thieving juvenile delinquents

carinab

I took my daughter tonite over to her little playmates house so that they could trick or treat together. My husband wasn't going to be home and since I had already bought the halloween candy, I figured I would just leave the bowl outside the front door with a nice note asking everyone to take only two pieces. I went out to check when we got home and not only was ALL the candy gone but they took the bowl too. Heck, they even took the note! It's times like this when I worry about the future my daughter will be facing. I just kinda' figured who would want a $2.00 metal mixing bowl....My mistake!

:angry:

Last year I watched my wife and daughter carve Disney characters faces into a half dozen HUGE pumpkins we got from the local pumpkin patch. These things were SO heavy they took two people to carry 'em out of the patch and into the house. Took 'em 4 days to do them all and when they were done...they looked GREAT. They were a big hit especially with the "little kids."

Wake up the next morning....they were GONE. My wife and I drove around the neighborhood expecting to see them smashed in the street or in someone else yard.

No such luck...they were gone. :(

This year...smaller pumpkins with the typical "scary faces." Hopefully the thieves will "pass 'em by."

Nothing is safe anymore. :angry:

Without trying to hijack this thread, Halloween is neither an Australian nor a Hong Kong event but, nonetheless, I'm always prepared.

Yesterday it was fairly quiet so, when a bunch of kids knocked on my door fairly late in the day, I gave them each about 1kg of candy. One of the kids (maybe 5-6 years old), looked me square in the eye and said: "Thank you Sir, but that's too much". I honestly wanted to adopt him then and there .......

There's hope yet folks.

Hillary-ous! Here (Houston, fat people's capital of the world), you have to pass out 2 lb (roughly equivalent to 1 kg for the metrics guys) per child for them not to lose weight while they're dragging their lil' heavy bodies over to the neighbors.... sad...

Hillary-ous! Here (Houston, fat people's capital of the world), you have to pass out 2 lb (roughly equivalent to 1 kg for the metrics guys) per child for them not to lose weight while they're dragging their lil' heavy bodies over to the neighbors.... sad...

OUCH!!!

It's got to be the older kids.

Last year I had some so called kids knock on my door. When I opened it, they said "What's Up?" and expected some candy. I just closed the door without saying anything or giving them any candy. This year I left the bowl out with a note so I can take my kids around and I wasn't expecting the bowl to still be there when I got back but it was and it still had some candy inside.

I just hope these idiots don't vandalize my X-Mas lights this year like they did last year.

We had one group of 14-16 year olds this year. No attempt at any sort of costume, just a pillowcase (each) for the swag. When I answered the door I asked them "Oh, what's your costume, nevermind I bet it's 'High School Dropouts'!" and gave them each one Tootsie Roll!

Nolan

We had one group of 14-16 year olds this year. No attempt at any sort of costume, just a pillowcase (each) for the swag. When I answered the door I asked them "Oh, what's your costume, nevermind I bet it's 'High School Dropouts'!" and gave them each one Tootsie Roll!

Nolan

We have the Older kid problem here as well.... I always feel like reaching in there bag and pulling some candy out for me when they walk up...LMAO

I started keeping 2 bowls of candy to pass out to the kids, the little kids get the little snicker bars and the good candy and when the older ones come up I reach over and give some of the shitty candy corn from the other bowl...hehe

Oh if looks could kill!....LMAO

hahaha - maybe i was one of those 16-18 yr old trick or treaters :D , actually i gave that up... i still got the braces <_<

i just left my porch lights off - or what i wanted to do was dress up in all black and creep up on the kids from the bushes - i get a kick out of that

and to detlef's comment... yeah OUCH

hahaha - maybe i was one of those 16-18 yr old trick or treaters :D , actually i gave that up... i still got the braces <_<

i just left my porch lights off - or what i wanted to do was dress up in all black and creep up on the kids from the bushes - i get a kick out of that

and to detlef's comment... yeah OUCH

Yeah, we did the "no lights" thing. Some idiot child and/or parent still managed to ring the doorbell.

When a house is pitch black, the idea is no one's home, folks.