Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Stock II

I shot my new Stock II today at our local match,gun ran flawless.It is completely stock,but will be doing some work to improve trigger.I am not sure what the stock hammer spring is but I did run it with a 11# recoil spring.I run a 15# hammer Spring ( tried the 13# hammer spring but not reliable ignition and I really don't notice the difference)in my SP01 and a 11# recoil spring with CZC Comp hammer and a CZ85 trigger and a pre B sear it runs great.

I ran my new loads and chrono'ed just a tick over 125 power factor

125 grn BBI TC Molly

3.6 grns Alliant American Select

CCI small pistol primers

OAL 1.105

Crimp .378

Air temp at 92

This load shoots really soft in both the Stock II and my CZ and no smoke

I need info on what springs to run and what can be done to trigger and sear to still be USPSA Production legal.

My current set up is 14lb main spring, stock firing pin spring, CGW trigger return spring from my sp-01, sear spring from my sp-01, 9 lb recoil spring, cut one coil off of plunger spring and polished the hell out of it. But mine only runs 100% with Federal Primer though, will try Eric's firing pin next.

My current set up is 14lb main spring, stock firing pin spring, CGW trigger return spring from my sp-01, sear spring from my sp-01, 9 lb recoil spring, cut one coil off of plunger spring and polished the hell out of it. But mine only runs 100% with Federal Primer though, will try Eric's firing pin next.

Thanks,thats a start,is the CZ trigger return spring and the Cz sear spring lighter than the Stock II.What did that do to your trigger pull in both D/A and S/A

Trigger return spring from a stock CZ is heavier than Stock2 so I used the one from Dave at Cajun Gun Works and the sear spring I just used a stock CZ one. Combined that with a cut plunger spring I felt it reduced the trigger stacks in da before the break.

bending the sear spring works if you are using factory delta hammer and sear. Eric Xtreme hammer I had to use New sear and sear spring.. IMHO,.you want a good reliable reset,..so I don't mess with the trigger return spring. I believe I am using the factory recoil spring, possibly a 10 or 9 lb....THey change from one year to the next. I used a 13lb hammer spring today with no issues,..using Winchester primers and the Eric firing pin. I would use a 14lb if using CCI primers. Polish the sear cage underneath where the trigger bar slides...

hmm..although the hammer is visible from outside the gun and in USPSA production division I don't think you can change the outside appearance or shape of the gun, the Xtreme hammer is a Factory Tanfoglio Option....(OEM). I could be wrong, but worth checking out. IF you go to the Tanfoglio website, it lists the Xtreme parts.

Yup. Stock III Extreme is on the approved list. Good to go.

Having said that, anyone actually seen one in the US yet? (available, not at big shows or Youtube?)

I saw one at our local match,in fact same person has posted pics here somewhere

I handled a stock three I guy in my squad was shooting last month. It was pretty nice, like a gloss blued Shadow with a quarter inch of extra barrel. He had done just a quick polish/spring job and the trigger was pretty nice. The DA was heavier than my Shadow, but the SA was lighter.

I have the stock 3 9mm small frame "special". Comes with black OEM aluminum grips and black aluminum base pads. THe finish is great,...very resilient "light platinum/ bronze color. It has the Eric Front sight and firing pin. THe stock2 9mm I have has the Eric front sight, firing pin, and hammer,..as well as some Eric base pads. THe Xtreme is basically the same thing, but with dual tone, and gone over by Eric himself I believe....not available yet in mass quantities

going back to my delta hammer and factory old style sear set up.. I was on the range today,..the timing is not something I can get used to at this time. my shooting buddy was with me, and noticed I had serious timing issues, but when I used the stock3, the problems went away. I then put the delta hammer back in, and my timing was back to normal....splits were faster, timing was better (with the new hammer and sear, I felt the trigger was better in DA and SA, and the reset was better, but I as I shot it seemed like I was having a trigger freeze.)...Purely a timing issue I believe, but not something I should be messing with two weeks out from the Canadian Nationals.

Also went back to my 14lb spring, I felt there was also a timing issue related to that ....with the 14lb it just seems to work better.

Edited by Mo Hepworth

Hey Mo, curious about the new extreme hammer since i have one on order. Is the reset shorter than the delta hammer? I have 1pc sear if that matters. I maybe interested on your extra hammer if you dont need it anymore.