Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SIG 1911 Traditional Match Elite Stainless

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/1911-traditional-match-elite-stainless.aspx

Anybody have experience with either the 9mm or .40 version of this? I'm thinking of picking up the .40 for Single Stack Major. I may be able to get a reasonable deal on one since I'm working Area 7 at SIG this year, and I think the staff will get some sort of a discount.

No experience with this Sig but interested in getting one in .40 too.

I liked the slide profile of the earlier .45's Sig put out, similar to the 2xx series.

Hopefully the external extractor is a winner.

Guys, I have a Sig1911 produced early last year. It's a standard .45 tactical rail model with squared slide. As you may know the early guns were a bit of a shit show...poor reliability and mediocre contract parts.

The guys at sig have really gotten their act together. Bbl to bshing fit is clearly hand massaged. Lock up and slide to frame fit is excellent. A sig employee on 1911 forum reports that The fire control bits, bushing and perhaps the extractor are all egw. I had a sig coupon so I sent the pistol to the custom shop for their enhancment package which inluded polishing and ramping, recrowning the barrel and tuning the trigger. The work retailed for around 300 and was retuned in less than 3 weeks. I wound up with my absolute favorite single stack. The trigger is clean and crisp with a sick reset. The bbl shoots lights out. It's as accurate as my sti.

the real proof for me was reliability. After 2500 rounds and a 2 day 16 hour training evolution with lapd swat I can report ZERO stoppages. With a tight new gun and no time for cleaning during the event. iDuring this outing both i and the mags spent a great deal of time in sand and dirt. I was thrilled that such a tight gun ran so smoothly under these conditions. The external extractor has been absolutely trouble free for me.

Downsides? Holsters are tough to find but the traditional slide should fix that.

The triggers aren't quite tall enough, so it moves vertically a bit more than I'd like.

The stock safety paddles are too small for tactical use with gloves. I should change em.

The checkering is sharp enough to become irritating with high volumes of fire.

For a street price of around 900 bucks plus the modest smithing bill at Sig, I have a hugely accurate and very reliable gun. Ymmv of course, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

I have no experience with the nine or forty however I have a .45 tacops. This thing is a beast it leaves my colt gold cup national match for dead. It feeds and extracts everything. The Sig magazines are superb and I have 8 of these which I also use in the colt.

I replaced the sights with a bomar and f/o and had trigger reworked with egw parts including extended e trigger. I love this gun.

The external extractor is faultless.

To the best of my knowledge that gun doesn't exist except for on the website. The entire SIG line (that actually ships) is in .45 and a couple in .357 SIG.

Give the SIG Pro Shop a call to @ 603-610-3456. Maybe something changed in the past couple of months.

P.S. I have seen one SIG 9mm 1911 however it was built by the custom shop for a sponsored JR shooter. It is a kick ass, reliable 1911.

I have no experience with the nine or forty however I have a .45 tacops. This thing is a beast it leaves my colt gold cup national match for dead. It feeds and extracts everything. The Sig magazines are superb and I have 8 of these which I also use in the colt.

I replaced the sights with a bomar and f/o and had trigger reworked with egw parts including extended e trigger. I love this gun.

The external extractor is faultless.

+1 my Sig tacops is a hell of a deal for $950

At this time no 1911’s are available in 9mm or 40SW.

I Checked our inventory and we do not have any 1911 Traditional Math Elite’s in stock.

Thanks for the email,

I emailed a guy at the SIG Pro Shop, and this was his response...

So why list the model on the website (for quite some time now), if they don't actually sell it?

My understanding is they haven't been maki g them, but plan to. This has been going on for almost a year now. I wouldn't be surprised if they're having problems designing an external extractor for the pistol, but I don't know.