Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's my problem?

Nimitz

While dry firing last night my G34 trigger would no longer reset after racking the slide. I haven't taken it apart yet but I assume I have a bad spring somewhere? It is acting just like when you put a small piece of paper in the chamber to hold the slidecslightlybout of battery ....

Like dskinsler83 said, it sounds like a broken trigger return spring.

The only other thing I can think of is if you've had the frame detail stripped recently. If so, the return spring could have been put in upside down and then slipped off the trigger bar. The spring should for an S when installed properly. I've got a picture but it's not the best to demonstrate. Just give you an idea of what to look for.

Hope it helps

Dave

post-45042-0-79106400-1372786514_thumb.j

Technically, the trigger spring pulls the trigger up and to the rear (to catch the striker), not forward for reset.

It may be broke or disconnected.

With the slide removed and the trigger in the rearward position, press inward on the connector. It should cause the trigger bar to pop up.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Quack

It takes 2 seconds to remove the slide. Thats the first thing I would do when the problem happened. Check it out before we guess all the problems it could be.

This!!!

I have also had this problem. Could be a number of things from trigger spring to connector-trigger bar interface.

Related, I took the stock trigger spring out blof my Glock 34 and replaced it with a NY1 plastic spring. I remove the metal spring from the NY1 assembly and used only the plastic part. I really like the feel of it and get very positive reset.

Edited to correct spelling errors. Damned auto correct is a PITA.

Edited by practical_man

interestingly enough after the trigger stopped working I put the gun away for a while & when I picked it up I could get the trigger to work twice before it stopped again ....

still haven't been able to sit down with it yet but I'm wondering if maybe it just needs to be cleaned?