Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load data for 125gr Lead RN bullets

Wyokid

Looking for load data using Longshot, Clays, Red Dot, Bullseye, WST powders. Thanks in advance! Shooting in Sig 226

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Wyokid

Hodgdon website should have wst listed and BE should have info everywhere you look.

I shoot wsf, for me it works velocity and handpush just as well and VV 320 or 340 and its a whole lot easier to get in my area.

I just started loading metallic and use Clays since I've used it for some time in my shotshells. Hodgdons has data on their website. The data I got for 125 gr cast bullets from Oregon Trail didn't have a range on the Clays - it was simply 3.2 gr & 1.13 OAL. I shot about 50 of those for the first time last week and then only at 10 - 15 yards in a Glock 19. Groups at that distance were good, everything cycled flawlessly, and the recoil was noticeably less than WWB factory loads.

That said, this was my first group of metallic reloads. I toss this information out not as an expert, but I didn't see anyone comment directly on Clays. Hogdons website lists slightly different data for a 125 gr 9 mm bulet for their Clays powder.