Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bearcreek 135 gr. bullets in a Shadow

z40acp

Picked up a SP01 Shadow Target {9mm} this year and I have had to shorten up the OAL to not touch the rifling. I tried different bullets I have around and not all have to be shortened. Has anyone used Bearcreek's 135 gr. round nose bullets in their Shadow? How have they worked? Were you able to keep a reasonable OAL with them? Thanks

In Australia, 135 LRN projectiles are very common in 9mm loads & in the CZ's. 1.1" oal is the magic # for most all CZ's.

I see in the US, 125 & 145 to be the more common 9mm projectiles. Very few seem to use & or produce 135's???

• 3 weeks later...

Nobody use 135 bearcreek?

Dude, everybody I had stopped SELLING Bear Creek. Where do you get them? Looking for an online source, since I liked them. Been using Precision Bullets because I can't find Bear Creek. Used them in .45, 9mm, and 10mm pistol loads.

I used load the BC 135 for my Shadow and I liked them well enough. They do tend to have some bullets with voids in the base, too many bullets for my taste. But the accuracy was good.

I have since gotten my own mould for the same design from Magma Engineering and I cast my own. They come out at 139grs and do not have voids in the bases. :)

I loaded the BC to 1.150 OAL over 4.0grs WST.

I load my cast bullets to 1.145 OAL over 4.0grs WST.

Edited by lawboy

Dude, everybody I had stopped SELLING Bear Creek. Where do you get them? Looking for an online source, since I liked them. Been using Precision Bullets because I can't find Bear Creek. Used them in .45, 9mm, and 10mm pistol loads.

Standard Deviation Arms in the vendor tent had some about a week and a half ago.

I've tried Bear Breek 125gr RN (2k .356 & .357), 147gr (1k) and 135gr RN (1k with 4k left). All with N320. Tried variations between 1.09 and 1.14 OALs, and crimp from .378 to .383

They work as far as running the gun, but they ALL tumble badly out of one of my Shadows with a reamed chamber (I won't shoot it out of the other one). I may try some WST soon, but at this point I'll only shoot them for practice, but even that's frustrating enough.

Standard Deviation Arms in the vendor tent had some about a week and a half ago.

That does not do me much good. :roflol:

I'm looking for an online source.

Email... the guy below.. I think he is from AZ...this is from an email he sent out last year.. He did shoot at one of the state match I put on last year..nice guy..and that's all I know..

I am currently taking orders for Bearcreek Bullets. The following are prices for 2 thousand rounds shipped to anywhere in the US excluding Hawaii. I am expecting delivery in approximately 4 wks. If there is something you want and don't see it listed let me know and I will get pricing for you. Please send all orders or questions to bearcreek.bullets@gmail.com. This is not loaded ammunition!!!! Projectiles only for all you re loaders. Orders will ship once payment has been received. I will accept Paypal the fee will be added to the order.

I do a bulk orders for the local guys and decided to see if there was any interest here.

Thanks for looking.

9mm
115gr RN $135
125gr RN $140
135gr RN $145
147gr TC $150

180gr TC $165
200gr TC $175

200gr RN $175
230gr RN $185

Brian

Email... the guy below.. I think he is from AZ...this is from an email he sent out last year.. He did shoot at one of the state match I put on last year..nice guy..and that's all I know..

I am currently taking orders for Bearcreek Bullets. The following are prices for 2 thousand rounds shipped to anywhere in the US excluding Hawaii. I am expecting delivery in approximately 4 wks. If there is something you want and don't see it listed let me know and I will get pricing for you. Please send all orders or questions to bearcreek.bullets@gmail.com. This is not loaded ammunition!!!! Projectiles only for all you re loaders. Orders will ship once payment has been received. I will accept Paypal the fee will be added to the order.

I do a bulk orders for the local guys and decided to see if there was any interest here.

Thanks for looking.

9mm

115gr RN $135

125gr RN $140

135gr RN $145

147gr TC $150

180gr TC $165

200gr TC $175

200gr RN $175

230gr RN $185

Brian

FWIW, I know him, and have bought all my bullets from him. Good guy. He's out of Tucson.